• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds HP22B Germination ??

I have had ten HP22B seeds sitting in Peat Pellets for two weeks now with no signs of germination. the longest I have had seeds take to germinate were my bhuts and Butch T's which both took right around two weeks. Just wondering what success other people are having.

Thanks

Ok new grower but found if u turn heat off after a week 4 6 hrs or so and turn on the next day evry thing pops hot cold hot = pop

And I did this by accident and un plugged the wrong propagator , put it back on and evry thing shot may be a fluke but has worked three times so far

Ps I think peat pellets or jiffys dry our to quick and a organic fine soil is better

Mine took less than a week. I had them in a water bottle I cut in half fill with seed starting mix and cover with plastic wrap. I planted 3, all 3 germinated.

As of 11 Sep 12

So far looks like 3 out of 13 have sprouted..

20120911_175356.jpg

Interesting range of results. If we keep track of germination rates and time, maybe we can find optimal conditions.

Five days in peat pellets and no sprouts as of yet. Not going to get too concerned for another week or so.

I have had 24 seeds in for almost 2 weeks and nothing so far. Most everything except for Bhuts have sprouted faster than these are doing. I planted yellow 7s, and morugas the same day, and I have about half of those seeds already germinated. I wasn't getting totally worried yet, but I have come to the point that I am watching them every day now, waiting to see the first one come up. Tom

Back