• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue?
    Then ask in Identification.

seeds HP22B Germination ??

I sowed 5 on 12/3, I had 2 sprout on 12/11, and 1 sprout on 12/14. I have a winter growing project, this is my first time growing as well, I plan on sowing a lot more come Feb.

Here's a crappy cell pic I took just to show you the window I made that I can open and shut in my homemade cardboard grow box. the Carolina reaper is the middle one.

peppers by TrevorjamesMartin, on Flickr

have a question
I notice some presoaked their seed before planting..
I got my seed from pucker butt seed company included was a paper that says to refrigerate the seeds for 3 days before planting..

have a question
I notice some presoaked their seed before planting..
I got my seed from pucker butt seed company included was a paper that says to refrigerate the seeds for 3 days before planting..

Not really necessary since peppers generally do not need stratification before sprouting, BUT, follow the planting instructions received with any seeds from any vendors so that if you have problems you should have no issues getting replacements. If you do not refrigerate then they could claim it as your fault.

Started 6 seeds the night before Christmas (12/24). Had 4/6 germinate 8 days later.
These are a little early for my area but I plan to clone a bunch from these mommas.

my hp22b planted 11/25 showed hook on 12/10, green on 12/12, emerged on 12/14 last pic is from today 1/6
301126_4564650228865_259657010_n.jpg

556850_4564655348993_1958442005_n.jpg

530410_4573303445190_788934114_n.jpg

74333_4706002082573_1377614209_n.jpg

I sowed a bunch of seeds on Jan 3rd, about 10 varieties, in peat pellets, 3 pellets per variety, 2 seeds a pellet... I had almost all my seeds germinate, but not 1 Reaper sprout, and it's been almost 5 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed. Soaked seeds overnight, constant 85 degrees F, perfect growing conditions.

I had one of my reaper seeds break ground after 2 1/2 months! And that was on a heat mat at 83°.......Also the germination rate was 50% for the whole pack.....going to start another pack and hope for at least 50% germ rate again...

When spring hits, I always need to start with as many plants as possible. In the high desert, it is like extreme sports gardening with crazy high temperatures, insane wind, and of course all the pesky rabbits squirrels birds and rattlesnakes all wanting to hang out in the garden.
Only the strong survive...lol

Soaked overnight in chamomile, then for maybe an hour in a mild H202 solution, then went into the rapid rooters on January 14.

I've got rootlets, and one super weak hook...and even my bhuts that went in at the same time are showing true leaves.

These things are super slow. It's interesting the wide range of germ time on them.

Ok new grower but found if u turn heat off after a week 4 6 hrs or so and turn on the next day evry thing pops hot cold hot = pop

And I did this by accident and un plugged the wrong propagator , put it back on and evry thing shot may be a fluke but has worked three times so far

Ps I think peat pellets or jiffys dry our to quick and a organic fine soil is better

I think I stumbled onto this just this week also. I wasnt sure since I hadnt tried to start anything else yet but now it seems more probable. Thanks for the info!

I had nine of 10 germinate within 10 days. One had a seed cap stuck and I lost it. The other eight are doing well.

Back