• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hp22b!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a huge pepper garden, so cross pollination would be highly unlikely. I'll be buying the seeds direct so I can be as sure possible on it being true. Wouldn't you have to wait an extra season so you have a plant to clone?

For $15 per pack (shipping included) I think people should boycott this pepper until they drop it to a responsible price (like $7-8 Shipped). Even if its the worlds hottest no pack of seeds should be $15.

Yup, I'm boycotting this pepper (even I got seeds for free).

Doesn't look any nastier than a Primo... let's squash that. Furthermore,there are nastier looking pods than both the HP and Primo IMO. Here are a couple Primos of mine.... I have no vested inter...wait...I have a vested inte...I can't remember now.
081912223556.jpg

081912223312.jpg

081912221954.jpg

That pod is obviously the narliest one they have. That thing has to be rotten by now. Marilyn Monroe was never video/photoed that much. Not every pod is going to look like that. It probably isn't a Primo,but it isn't superior to other super hots either.
Flavor or heat. I do agree with what has been mentioned before. God bless these guys....I hope they make millions. Who would not like to make a living doing what they love?

I don't understand why the price is such a big issue. I'm not saying I agree with the pricing, but it's pretty legit compared to competitors.

Literally ALL of the big name seed vendors have damn near the same prices. 99.9% of the time the difference between one vendor to the next is 1-4dollars for 10 superhot seeds.

A few exceptions being Judy, who sells 20 seeds for the price that others sell 10 for and Ajijoe who sells 10+ for a dollar..

Either way, really? Were not talking serious money for this thing.. If they were charging $30 dollars (which many will be selling fakes for on ebay here shortly) then I could see making a big deal about it..

Maybe it's just me but it really just boils down to...
If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you don't wanna support the seller, don't buy it. Simply wait until it's available from a different source or trade for it.

I'll be buying this damn thing because I love growing hot peppers and it's a variety I don't have, it looks cool, and it looks hot as hell. I'm willing to spend 15 dollars on it because I'm also willing to spend 15 dollars on a 12pack of beer that I just piss away.

Brandon

I don't understand why the price is such a big issue. I'm not saying I agree with the pricing, but it's pretty legit compared to competitors.

Literally ALL of the big name seed vendors have damn near the same prices. 99.9% of the time the difference between one vendor to the next is 1-4dollars for 10 superhot seeds.

A few exceptions being Judy, who sells 20 seeds for the price that others sell 10 for and Ajijoe who sells 10+ for a dollar..

Either way, really? Were not talking serious money for this thing.. If they were charging $30 dollars (which many will be selling fakes for on ebay here shortly) then I could see making a big deal about it..

Maybe it's just me but it really just boils down to...
If you don't want it, don't buy it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. If you don't wanna support the seller, don't buy it. Simply wait until it's available from a different source or trade for it.

I'll be buying this damn thing because I love growing hot peppers and it's a variety I don't have, it looks cool, and it looks hot as hell. I'm willing to spend 15 dollars on it because I'm also willing to spend 15 dollars on a 12pack of beer that I just piss away.

Brandon

Hmm, we can't have opinions on the price? I think they are ripping off the chile community. It looks cool just like primos do, lol. They are also claiming it's the hottest pepper without any evidence.

They tested it and submitted it to Guinness. It's not a rip off unless they don't deliver. Is this the first "hottest pepper" claim without evidence? If people will pay the price (and they will) then it is worth what they are selling it for. They'll probably sell out. If it is too expensive then go out in the woods behind your house and pick your own. They are the ONLY supplier of this particular strain, they can charge whatever they want. Do you think they should just give it to you for free? If they want to charge $100 per seed, let them. No one is forced to buy. If you doubt the claims, wait until the results are in. If you are right, you saved yourself 15 bucks. Woo-hoo!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to imply someone is doing something dishonest by pricing something you consider too high is ridiculous.

It's just peppers, people.

I am actually one of the folks that tend to believe his claims. I have seen Ted eating them, and I trust his reactions.

As to the price, come on. All rare, 1st release seeds cost about that much at first. Why? Supply and demand. Basic econ. I have gold. You want gold. I make you pay an arm, a leg, and a few teeth for gold.

They tested it and submitted it to Guinness. It's not a rip off unless they don't deliver. Is this the first "hottest pepper" claim without evidence? If people will pay the price (and they will) then it is worth what they are selling it for. They'll probably sell out. If it is too expensive then go out in the woods behind your house and pick your own. They are the ONLY supplier of this particular strain, they can charge whatever they want. Do you think they should just give it to you for free? If they want to charge $100 per seed, let them. No one is forced to buy. If you doubt the claims, wait until the results are in. If you are right, you saved yourself 15 bucks. Woo-hoo!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to imply someone is doing something dishonest by pricing something you consider too high is ridiculous.

It's just peppers, people.

How about a reasonable price? I don't want the strain even for free. Where have I said they should be free? It's a fact that they have not supported their claim. I don't care if others have done this. That's fraudulent. If it's just peppers as you say, then why are they charging people so much? Peppers are not wild here, but I'm cross-breeding peppers. I have enough money to buy the peppers. Thanks for the insult.

How about a reasonable price? I don't want the strain even for free. Where have I said they should be free? It's a fact that they have not supported their claim. I don't care if others have done this. That's fraudulent. If it's just peppers as you say, then why are they charging people so much? Peppers are not wild here, but I'm cross-breeding peppers. I have enough money to buy the peppers. Thanks for the insult.

Supply and demand. I don't know how to make this much more clear. They are the ONLY supplier. The demand is absolutely massive. They can sell them for a high price because people will pay that price.

Not an insult at all. The point was, the only way to get the peppers is from the supplier. They put forth the effort to develop the pepper. They are putting 7000 seed packs up for sale then another 6000 seed packs in the spring. That's 130,000 seeds. How many plants had to be grown, picked, dried and packaged to do that? How much land did they need, water, garden nutes, and other resources did they need to get that many seeds? I have a small garden and I go as cheap as I can and it's still a little bit of money. But maybe then they should ignore all of that and call up some random stranger to find out what a "reasonable" price would be. What's reasonable to you doesn't pay their electric bill. If you don't want them at any price, why complain about the price they charge? Buy something else. There are plenty of other superhots out there.

I'm not saying you have to like the product or the price. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. But the seeds aren't for sale yet. What happens when Guinness does come back and say it's the new record? What if they already have the word and at their release they show the little certificate? Then would it be worth it? At any price?

Supply and demand. I don't know how to make this much more clear. They are the ONLY supplier. The demand is absolutely massive. They can sell them for a high price because people will pay that price.

I'm aware of this??? Just because you're the only supplier doesn't mean you should charge this much for pepper seeds. There is something called reputation as well.

What happens when Guinness does come back and say it's the new record? What if they already have the word and at their release they show the little certificate? Then would it be worth it? At any price?

No, it would still think it's a ripoff. However, the claim would be substantiated.

I'm aware of this??? Just because you're the only supplier doesn't mean you should charge this much for pepper seeds. There is something called reputation as well.

No, it would still think it's a ripoff. However, the claim would be substantiated.

I don't think his reputation is going to suffer in the slightest, really. I mean, people who can provide fresh pods sell morugas for 40-50 bucks a box. Is that not just as "bad"?

Then that's the end of the argument. You don't like the product or the price. The claims of dishonesty can only be applied when they SELL the product without proving the claim.

I don't think his reputation is going to suffer in the slightest, really. I mean, people who can provide fresh pods sell morugas for 40-50 bucks a box. Is that not just as "bad"?

Alright then. It did with me though. Perhaps I'm alone or a minority in my opinion.

Then that's the end of the argument. You don't like the product or the price. The claims of dishonesty can only be applied when they SELL the product without proving the claim.

Not quite. Part of their marketing has been based on the pepper being the hottest in the world. People will be buying it under the impression that it's the hottest pepper. It's for sale here btw. It has been claimed to be the hottest pepper for 6 months I guess. It's not so much about the product itself (I'm assuming it's not a primo).

I must have taken this the wrong way: "If it is too expensive then go out in the woods behind your house and pick your own."
The point of that statement was not imply you are destitute. I apologize if it came across that way. The point was to show that their product is not available just anywhere. You would have to buy it right from them.

Hmm, we can't have opinions on the price? I think they are ripping off the chile community. It looks cool just like primos do, lol. They are also claiming it's the hottest pepper without any evidence.

Everyone's entitled to there own opinion obviously, what I'm saying is, if you think something is overpriced, someone is selling something at a ripoff price, or you can't afford it, don't buy it. I don't walk around a retail store complaining about their prices because I don't like them or like how they do business, I just simply don't shop there. It just seems pointless to complain about something like that, just don't give them your business, problem solved.

Again, I don't agree with the pricing for chile seeds at all, this one and others, but I pay them because I love this hobby and I love alot of the vendors out there and want to support them. What I was saying is they are charging $9.99, which is the same price as many varieties available on MANY popular websites that we all know and love. In the pepper seed world, It's fairly priced if it turns out to be the new record holder.

Nobody is really getting ripped off IMO unless this turns out to be a Primo. Even then, the only thing your really going to be cheated of is the fact you thought you were growing a new variety of superhot. Many vendors sell Primos for that price or near. For example, Primo himself is selling Primo seeds for 7.99 for 15 seeds plus shipping. Is $9.99 plus shipping really going to give that many people a bad attitude? Thats just 2 dollars guys.. Just saying.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, it's not like if you don't buy these seeds you will die of a life threatening disease.. We are just talking about peppers :)

The point of that statement was not imply you are destitute. I apologize if it came across that way. The point was to show that their product is not available just anywhere. You would have to buy it right from them.

Lol, that was my mistake. It's all good. What is overlooked with the supply and demand argument is the direct competition this pepper has.

But the product still isn't for sale. The moment they sell one seed and label it the "world's hottest pepper", and it is proven not to be, then their reputation would fall and deservedly so. That would be a rip off. The difference between a "rip off" and "too expensive" is the implied dishonesty. If it is the hottest pepper, and as a consumer I am happy with the product, than the price I paid for it is reasonable. I would not have been "ripped off".
But the scientist who tested it and submitted the results to Guinness says it is the hottest. I'll take his word for it, until he is proven wrong.

Everyone's entitled to there own opinion obviously, what I'm saying is, if you think something is overpriced, someone is selling something at a ripoff price, or you can't afford it, don't buy it. I don't walk around a retail store complaining about their prices because I don't like them or like how they do business, I just simply don't shop there. It just seems pointless to complain about something like that, just don't give them your business, problem solved.

The problem with your analogy is that I'm not on the vender's website bugging them about the price. I'm not even advocating to not buy from either one of them, just the overpriced pepper seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back