• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Hydroponic Mango Tree

Yeah I guess that's real rough on the plants, I wouldn't feel too good myself being out in that weather! Your indoor plant has become huge since last update you posted, looks very healthy too. Nice pepper plant in the background too hehe

Any updates on the mango trees? I have been following this thread. It's mango season now so you should start seeing maybe some buds and flowers. I just got back to St. Lucia yesterday and the mango trees here are in full flower and some already have lots of mangoes.

null_zps89a5f1c1.jpg

null_zps376de04e.jpg

I normally pick the pods near ripeness and let it finish up in a brown paper bag. Otherwise the rats and grackles get to them quickly.

null_zps32011e6d.jpg

I'm in australia so we have opposite seasons, I dont even know if next season I'll get any fruit, my plants are probably a bit too young. One mango died but the other two are doing much better now! I've had some learning to do with my nutrients, so I've had set backs. But now I think I have it worked out and there is new growth flying out of them again.
I'll get a picture up tomorrow!
You have some nice looking mangos there!

Back