• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

I ain't cookin' no stinkin' turkey!

The Hot Pepper said:
Good for you!

When you open a White Manna in TX, lemme know, I'll be the first customer. You can call it Manna Blues... haha... a play on WM, and Man of Blues. ;)

Burger and blues joint!

I really need to make a road trip to NJ and that joint and experience it first hand.

White Manna is exactly the burger joint I'd want to riff.

Onliest 'thang I'd change would be adding Queso Fries.

MONEY!

i really need to make a trip into town,but im so poor ill never see the world!      

if i only could maybe one day even buy a turkey,let alone eat one.

Turkey%20skeleton.jpg

TB- they make a product for your no-turkey dilemma ....it's called Tofurkey!

Pan Fry it with ol' Black Betty, deep fry it, microwave it, whatever, and splooge some of that awesome fruit/chile sauce you been cooking up on the back deck on top....DONE! 

;)

salsalady said:
TB- they make a product for your no-turkey dilemma ....it's called Tofurkey!

Pan Fry it with ol' Black Betty, deep fry it, microwave it, whatever, and splooge some of that awesome fruit/chile sauce you been cooking up on the back deck on top....DONE! 

;)

Tofurkey.

Plah!

I'd rather eat my own stool.

While I somewhat hypocritically refer to myself these days as a pescetarian, the one 'thang I haven't able to give up is a hamburger, often with cheese.

In fact I went and bought a nice big fat hunk of chuck and ground it up in the KA and made sliders tonight. (pics coming in the burger thread)

While I don't like turkey, I still like beef, and pork, and wild game, and duck, and bacon and baby orca.

I just don't want to eat it anymore outside of a cheeseburger.

texas blues said:
While I don't like turkey, I still like beef, and pork, and wild game, and duck, and bacon and baby orca.

I just don't want to eat it anymore outside of a cheeseburger.

We have a place here called Bareburger, I think you'd dig it.

beef | turkey | farmers quinoa veggie burger | mushroom burger | blackbean burger | buttermilk fried chicken | grilled or jerk chicken | lamb | wild boar | elk | bison | ostrich

aw, come on TB.....Admit It....you eat that BACON when no one's looking .............

salsalady said:
aw, come on TB.....Admit It....you eat that BACON when no one's looking .............

Negative. 

Don't eat it and don't miss it.

I reckon that's anti-American or some sheeit like that. 

Damn you Jay!

You just wait!

I shall have my revenge.

I'ma posty a shrimp salad stuffed avocado as my meal on turkey day.

Choke on that you you you turkey bacon hotdog lovah'!

JayT said:
Call me crazy... turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole...

Crazy?

No.

Turkey and fixin's just ain't my 'thang but there's much to be said about tradition.

Next month's SOTM is going to be Leftovers so I 'spect you to be posting up in there.

Back