• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I always wanted to make... BOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys and gals, here's a new food thread for us all. One that will kick some of our asses into gear.

Post what you plan to cook and have it all worked out (or are working it out), but haven't made it yet. Describe it as you see it, and that will be the inspiration for you too cook it. When you finally do, go ahead and quote it with your masterpiece below. Boom!

And to the peanut gallery, feel free to egg us on :P

Spicy a must.

I will start.

There's this Alsation pizza/flatbread called a tarte flambee. I've had it many times. Like a rustic cracker crust pizza. The base is often creme fraiche. The one I want to make is...
Tarte Flambee
Creme fraiche base
Seared bay scallops
A mild nutty melting cheese, fontina or havarti
Fresh dill
Saffron-infused oil drizzle
A tangy hot sauce (or spice up the oil)

Grass Snake said:
Pork chops gravy and rice :drooling:
Didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked but it was my first time as wasn't a complete failure.

Attachments

• 20181107_192129.jpg
    20181107_192129.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 96
The Hot Pepper said:
Looks delicious!

Thanks! I started off using one recipe and switched to another half way in when it wasn't working out. First recipe was for pan frying but I realized it wasn't gonna work for the amount I had to cook so switched over to an oven recipe. Had to wing a bit but it turned out thank goodness.

That looks good, and tb's mash up sounds good.

Nice pot pie, too!

I dumped the cheese stuff in a colander this evening to drain overnight. It's like a good yogurt right now. Hope it drains out dry enough for cheese.

If not, I guess I will be making a lot of smoothies.

SHOYU RAMEN
Not really but close enough and I had to throw my touch in it. The broth was seasoned with beef Pho paste, garlic, ginger, onions and chicken powder. I added other seasonings along the way to get the taste I wanted.

I started last night and made a big batch for future meals.
pork hocks and neck bones to start, This is after they simmered for a few hours.
100-3345-Copy.jpg

I also added some tripe.
100-3346-Copy.jpg

Cleaned the meat off the bones and simmered again.
100-3347.jpg

After they cooled I put them in containers in the fridge and here's when I start to cook. I scraped the fat off and it's pure gelatin pork broth goodness.
100-3348.jpg

100-3349.jpg

100-3350.jpg

First bowl of happiness.
100-3351.jpg

I forgot to add the shrooms so here we go again.
100-3352.jpg

Finally time to make a bowl. It doesn't look like it but I also made a tare sauce and soaked the egg in it, that color will come later.
100-3353.jpg

Pure pork flavor from pig skin, tendons, meat and bone broth with a little tripe.
100-3354.jpg

Blanched bean sprouts, chilled onions, green onions and cilantro.
100-3355.jpg

Hoisin sauce, 6 minute egg and Sriracha.
100-3356.jpg

Burp worthy!!!
100_3358.JPG

Hits and Misses---
This one didn't turn out as expected.  It's good, but not a farmers cheese.  I'm enjoying it as a yogurt and back to the store for more milk.  This recipe will be the bring to boil, add lemon juice method. 
IMG_7221.JPG

More later.

Rajun~ that soup looks fantastic! 

Oooooo...brrrr! Suck it up,buttercup. Put on tennis shoes instead of flipflops. :Lol:.

We are 15-18f in the mornings. That's Brrrr.

Rajun Gardener said:
I'm gonna have to make a gumbo since it's the coldest temps we've had this fall. BRRRRRR 44.8 °F this morning.

Plah!

Thats summer time in Alaska.

I've seen it snow in july in Anchorage.

Make that gumbo.

And don't skimp on the andouille!

salsalady said:
Oooooo...brrrr! Suck it up,buttercup. Put on tennis shoes instead of flipflops. :lol:.

We are 15-18f in the mornings. That's Brrrr.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
I did put on tennis shoes this morning and warm-ups instead of shorts.

texas blues said:

Plah!

Thats summer time in Alaska.

I've seen it snow in july in Anchorage.

Make that gumbo.

And don't skimp on the andouille!

No andouille, just smoked sausage and chicken. I haven't decided on adding okra and fresh green onion sausage yet.

Perfect meal for a cold night! The combination of heat and spices warm you up from the inside.

Chicken, smoked sausage, fresh green onion sausage, shrimp, smothered okra and a side of potato salad. The debate rages on about PS in the bowl or on the side but I like it in the bowl to mix with that broth. I topped it with file', smoked ghost salt and hot pickled mirlitons(chayote) and a splash of that hot vinegar. 

Fit for a King but peasant food.

100_3362.JPG

Rajun Gardener said:
Perfect meal for a cold night! The combination of heat and spices warm you up from the inside.

Chicken, smoked sausage, fresh green onion sausage, shrimp, smothered okra and a side of potato salad. The debate rages on about PS in the bowl or on the side but I like it in the bowl to mix with that broth. I topped it with file', smoked ghost salt and hot pickled mirlitons(chayote) and a splash of that hot vinegar. 

Fit for a King but peasant food.

attachicon.gif
100_3362.JPG

Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back