• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I always wanted to make... BOOM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys and gals, here's a new food thread for us all. One that will kick some of our asses into gear.

Post what you plan to cook and have it all worked out (or are working it out), but haven't made it yet. Describe it as you see it, and that will be the inspiration for you too cook it. When you finally do, go ahead and quote it with your masterpiece below. Boom!

And to the peanut gallery, feel free to egg us on :P

Spicy a must.

I will start.

There's this Alsation pizza/flatbread called a tarte flambee. I've had it many times. Like a rustic cracker crust pizza. The base is often creme fraiche. The one I want to make is...
Tarte Flambee
Creme fraiche base
Seared bay scallops
A mild nutty melting cheese, fontina or havarti
Fresh dill
Saffron-infused oil drizzle
A tangy hot sauce (or spice up the oil)

salsalady said:
Rajun~ is disqualified for not posting the PotSal recipe.

And pookie will be disqualified if he uses anything other than a good medium cheddar!

It's 3-cheese! Why only use 1???? Am I banned?

Boom

Havarti
Cheddar
Gruyere
Bread and butter pickles/pickled jalapenos dice
Dijon

Soup has fresh grated parmigiano reggiano and cracked black pepper

IMG_20181110_200917.jpg

IMG_20181110_200921.jpg

IMG_20181110_201003.jpg

IMG_20181110_201225.jpg

IMG_20181110_202228.jpg

IMG_20181110_202851.jpg

IMG_20181110_204731.jpg

IMG_20181110_204813.jpg

IMG_20181110_204803.jpg

IMG_20181110_205008.jpg

IMG_20181110_205024.jpg

Nope, nope nope no, No!

While that is a slammin' sammy, that ain't no grilled cheese (ahem...GRILLED...) Sandwich.

It's ok,. I'll post one up tomorrow.

And the only acceptable soup is Campbell's tomato soup! The only choice is if the tomato soup is made with milk or water.

Oh and a bit of spice because this is THP.

salsalady said:
Rajun~ is disqualified for not posting the PotSal recipe.

And pookie will be disqualified if he uses anything other than a good medium cheddar!

It's a normal PS, boiled potatoes and eggs boiled in a different pot because I don't want any chicken droppings in my potatoes. Smash them together and add mayo till creamy then a splooge of mustard and salt to taste. I like chopped green onions in mine but somebody here doesn't like raw veggies and I forgot to chop some to top the gumbo. So basically I slacked, maybe it's from being up since 5:30 and sipping on a glass for a few hours.

The Hot Pepper said:

It's 3-cheese! Why only use 1???? Am I banned?
Naw, you are too much fun, think we better keep you around.

Rajun~ I was just kidding as the rest of that dish looked so good.

The Campbell's soup should probably be in the outofthetin thread, but that is where it comes from. I would jump on this tonight, but we just has an artery clogging shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo.

Scoville DeVille said:
Ima bout to make pan burgers. Burgers. In a pan. It's like a tiny flat-top with a handle. There won't be pictures because I am no longer a member of Botophucket. Just picture TB's smashburger, but without the thumb ring.

Or.

The

Haiku.

:lol:

Post them up bro! I posted my ketchup soup and non grilled cheese come on! Is that really a pan???? Pan burgers???? SL??!!!!!

Best mothers day brunch ever....

Kid was about 6, they took me to the local 5star resort at the top of the hill. The kid was so stoked to see crustless PB&J at the kids food table.

Gourmet pbj sammie's. :Lol:. Who knew Wonder bread would be gourmet~

And for the record...When working in restaurants I never ever cut the crust off the bread! Worst request ever was ...In the middle of a Sunday morning breakfast rush, the waitress asked me to take the nuts off the butterhorn.

:Banghead:

Stoopit spell check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back