• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I am F-ing Pissed!!!!

I guess Gunner simply noticed that there is sth getting your attention so he decided to get rid of it!!! Can you blame him?

Oh....yeah....good to have you back!!!! :)

Late last week I discovered how hardy plants can be. I had one hardening off in a styrofoam cup in my truck bed because it was the only place that was "Mine" that had direct sun. (The rest of my plants are at my Dad's until I move next week.) I forgot my plant in the bed of the truck and ran up to the grocery store a few mils away and made it back home before I remembered my plant. It was limp, mangled, and almost all of the dirt was hanging off of the roots. I even brought it upstairs, got irritated and let it plop on the floor from about shoulder heighth. I remembered this thread and how strong the plants can be. I tied a little stake to it and watered it. Now it's grown bigger and doesn't even look like it was beaten around in my truck!!:shocked: Lesson learned. You can almost always bring it back somehow. It's just learning what to do to you're plant. Also, welcome back TL!! Did you have fun fishing? I sure hope so. Sounded like a fun trip!

Yep I will get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow.
Rabbit trip was fun had a great time didnt fish hard but
got a few trout nothing big check the post in the lounge section I put up a few trip pics

Plants are tough and they want to grow, glad it worked out for you. Those bedraggled ones I bought for a penny each have all perked right up so there's always hope until they are totally dried and crispy, if there's any spark of life they will come back. So glad your babies are growing again.

Jackie

HPFF...I'm still on vacation and am about 2 days from home right now. I stopped by to say a quick hello and after reading your thread, I'm even more anxious to return home. It seems like an eternity since I've seen my plants and I'm hoping beyond hope that they are all doing okay.

I am really glad to hear that you're plants will grow back and will be fine. However, I can only imagine the terror that you felt when you found them in the state they were in.

HotPeppersFlyFishing said:
Yep I will get some pics up either tonight or tomorrow.
Rabbit trip was fun had a great time didnt fish hard but
got a few trout nothing big check the post in the forum section I put up a few trip pics

Cool, I'll check it out TL.

I'm really starting to like this forum. I was especially interested in the post about overwintering peppers which is the subject that brought me here in the first. Here is a question: Does anyone think a pepper/peppers would possibly produce on a heating pad under s four foot florscent light? It gets down in the teens and twentys here and our wood heat doesn't keep the house that warm all night. One more thing, I always hate to ask questions like that when I see ppl from,say Canada, with big healthy plants they have grown which put me to shame.:lol::lol::oops: I'm really learning here and I've only been here a couple days. Have a nice day.

All is not lost! I have an experience similar to to rainbowberry's with one of my Naga Morich. Mine was dead down to about the same point. It had about 3 or 4 leaves left at most on a little 5" stick.

Here she is yesterday, 3 months later...

naga11.jpg

Sorry folks, I forgot myself and totally went off topic but this thread is an encouraging education. Glad to see the plant revival so successful. Good for you.

Back