• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I ate the Naga Morich (pics)

I'd like to see you baby Shooty. As for the difference. From what I've been told and al the research that I've done, they are different. The ones at the restraunts are breed specifically to have less heat...that and they have been pickled.

tinner666 said:
Eat one or two a day to train the 'exit' area. :onfire: You'll be OK then.:onfire:

Train the exit area? :lol: What if it's a dumbass? Should more peppers be added in order to help it understand? :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'd say to give Tigger a taste. Either he likes his mouth on fire or you'll never have to worry about him eating your peppers again. :(

My parrot loved hot peppers, but I don't think he ever had anything above cayenne level. I wonder if parrots would like habs or nagas?

Skydiver said:
My parrot loved hot peppers, but I don't think he ever had anything above cayenne level. I wonder if parrots would like habs or nagas?
Actually, they would love habs. Bird's can't taste heat/they don't have the glands that ap activates so they can eat peppers all day...now you know why there's a pepper called the "Bird Pepper". :onfire:

I don't know how well dogs taste heat. Below is a story about my dog and hot food I originally posted on a greyhound message board.

When I first got Joepa, he always wanted to eat whatever I was having. I'm a hot sauce/pepper connoisseur, and I happened to have something that was particularly picante that evening. Not wanting to harm my dog, but wanting to be able to eat without having to put him outside or in his crate the rest of his life when I eat, I gave him a bite of my very spicy dish. He quickly ate it, looked at me for 3 seconds, and then sprinted to the kitchen to down his full bowl of water...but then he came back and wanted more! Now, just like anyone else who eats enough hot stuff, he has developed a tolerance, and he still begs me for food, but now doesn't sprint to the water bowl if I give him some.

Joepa's brindle coat looks like Tigger's. Here's a picture because I can't resist showing off my former racer.

Dcp_0040.jpg

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Guitargod,
Where did you get your seeds?
darlochileman was oh so gracous to send me seeds for this little ditty. (that is after months of yelling "I need this seed!", lol)

dreamtheatervt said:
Joepa's brindle coat looks like Tigger's.
WOW no kidding! Beautiful dog.

Hillbilly Chili said:
So do I need to yell at you for twice that long or half as long?:onfire:
You don't get to yell at all because all the seeds that I'll get from the plant will have been cross polinated 12 ways to Sunday. I have my Nagas out with the rest of my plants. Many a days have I sat and watched the bees go straight down the line of potted peppers, flower to flower...nature at work...creating a god knows what cross pepper.

In short, if I give you seeds they won't be a true Naga Morich, they'll be a Jalaperich or a Tepaga.

Hillbilly Chili said:
White Hab? ever tried it?
Never had the white Habanero, but I've been meaning to grow that one because it looks freekin awsome. I belive there are a few on this bord that have had that one.

Mullet,
As talked about above, here's a shot of the "crown" thing on my early jalapeno plant.

crown.jpg

It's been an exciting weekend: When I wasn't using a PDA in the bath, or gurning in guitar photos, or changing nappies, some of my plants... actually, most of them... have started getting side shoots from the main leaves! Woot!

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Train the exit area? ;) What if it's a dumbass? Should more peppers be added in order to help it understand? :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!!!!

It tasted like green apples, REALLY fruity

Is that indicative of all Naga's, or just that species? Granny smiths are my favorite apples, so they sound yummy. Now all they have to do is make a pepper that has a grapefruit flavor...mmm...

dreamtheatervt said:
Is that indicative of all Naga's, or just that species? Granny smiths are my favorite apples, so they sound yummy. Now all they have to do is make a pepper that has a grapefruit flavor...mmm...
Granny Smiths are my favorit as well and that's what I would describe this flavor was. You must be confused because of the Naga mis naming thing that is going on the intrenet now, because Naga and Dorset are the same thing....it's a big mess. Just get the pepepr and try it, it is amazing.

Back