• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I can't be bothered. Or CBF.

O.k. Another thread inspired me to start this thread.

For whatever reason you can not, do not, will not, want or need or as the thread title suggests, be bothered to go shopping for food today.

Be it brekkie, lunch, snacks, dinner or dessert.

You HAVE to make do with whatever is in your refridgerator / pantry / coolbox / bomb shelter / hidden stash in the wardrobe / buried...well you get the idea.

What gastronomic feast will you be making today from what you have on hand?

Don't be shy / embarrased / shamed e.t.c. Here on THP we love ALL things food and weird ass sheeit.

Nothing wrong with 2 minute noodles with eggplant and tofu.

Post it. It's all good.

Was gonna make roo burgers for tea tonight, couldnt be bothered with the old hand mincer so made some roo sandwiches instead. Wholegrain bread, cos lettuce, guac, tomato, and some roo
SDC11724.JPG

Just wondering, cuz I've never had Roo, but is it chewy?

It looks either really chewy or very tender.

Cows don't jump around all over so I'm just wondering....

Just wondering, cuz I've never had Roo, but is it chewy?

It looks either really chewy or very tender.

Cows don't jump around all over so I'm just wondering....

Haha, there usually jumping round only to get out the way of cars, (not really that many round, but one of the most common roadkill)

Can be chewy if..... under or over cooked. Can be hard to get right. This today was spot on.

No killing em by me. There not as common as a lot of the world thinks here, but you do see them every now and then. Most supermarkets these days sell them. Used to be one of the cheapest cuts of meat, but since they have become popular, the price has tripled. Very lean meat, no fat at all and full of protein

Interesting. Sounds like 'roo has some similarities with ostrich. Also uber-lean, and really must be cooked to no more than medium-rare.

Yeah been meaning to try ostrich and gator one day.

Funny though... went for a drive to the outskirts to look at a caravan, saw 5 roo on the side of the road, werent quick enough for the cars obviously

So home alone tonight.

Heaps of left over bits and pieces from pizza.

Huge lack of motivation

Hmmmm.......................

Eggs, onion, peppers, ham, jalapenos, prawns, scovie powder, cheese, habanero chipotle sauce.

A big 5 egg omellette sort of thing????

SDC11890.JPG

SDC11891.JPG

SDC11894.JPG

SDC11896.JPG

Nice Booma! We do CBB eggs almost once a week - whatever's left from the rest of the week pretty much gets dumped in. However, my son usually cooks that and always scrambles everything together, so it's not always picture-worthy. Admittedly, except for knowing it's going to taste fine, sometimes I kind of want to close my eyes while I'm eating it.... :lol:

Don't know how im gonna do it but, but may be eating healthy for 30 days...... 30 DAYS!!!!!!!!

So obviously CBF, especially after the cookup yesterday.

So had some salad leafs laying round, cantalope, fetta and cucumber, sliced it up. Threw it round a bit.

Handful, maybe two or three of shrimp, mango chilli sauce and some sriracha

SDC11971.JPG

Mate, that's too good to be a CBF meal :D

My CBF meal was lunch. Tin of sardines in 'mater sauce with 1/4 bottle Tabasco Habanero and half a box of crackers. I CBF eating that sheeeit so I gave it to my dog. I drank beer instead :rofl:

Hahaha, well it was supposed to be a whole lot different, got lazy, but worked out heaps fresher and better anyways.

My lunch on friday was even worse. Half a box of Waterthin Crackers..... by themselves haha

Hahaha, well it was supposed to be a whole lot different, got lazy, but worked out heaps fresher and better anyways.

My lunch on friday was even worse. Half a box of Waterthin Crackers..... by themselves haha

Having one of those days when after working all day then working out at the gym, all I really wanted was a nice, hot meal to slam down when I walked in the door at home. But my son texted me before I left the gym to let me know he didn't cook dinner and wouldn't be around to fix it, either. Dang. Considered semi-fast food, but didn't really want to walk into a restaurant and didn't want the kind of garbage one gets at a drive through. Ah yes..... but I had some pulled pork in the fridge - I could heat that up and throw some other stuff together. WRONG. Got home to find the container I had put the pork in still inside the fridge, but apparently my "darling" son had eaten the last of the pork and somehow managed to put the container back in the fridge instead of washing it out........ Now getting kind of grouchy..... Ok, let's see......

Slapped an egg in a skillet, and also some leftover taco meat and black beans from when we had taco salads earlier in the week. Melted some herbs & spices havarti on top of each, piled it all together on a plate and slammed it down. Does it sound strange? Sure it does. Was it good? I'd eat it again tomorrow. Could I be bothered to take pics? Heck no! This is the CBF thread, after all!

Today I had; Package of chunk lite tuna, whole grain wheat pita and boiled brussel sprouts......lol. Hey, it sufficed..

Based on what I usually have around, some combination of the dishes below. One thing that cuts out a good third of these recipes is if I have no green onions or equivalents.

Spicy sesame dandan noodles 担担面
Stir-fried tomato (or zucchini, or cucumber) with egg 番茄炒鸡蛋
Steamed tilapia or catfish fillet with chopped salted chilies 剁椒蒸鱼
Grilled or broiled mackerel with olive oil & salt 烤鲭鱼
Oven-steamed and broiled carrots
"Smacked" cucumbers in garlic sauce 派黄瓜
Hot & sour silken tofu 酸辣豆花
Fried rice with ham and snow vegetable 雪菜火腿拆反
Twice-cooked pork 回锅肉
Mashed fava beans with ham or xuecai 蚕豆泥
Grandma's potatoes (spicy mashed potatoes) 老乃洋芋
Steamed taro with chopped salted chilies 剁椒蒸芋头