• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

I don't think this is a joke

Yall just don't know. Pork rinds is the bombay...even pickled. It's more of an ingredient like that though, you put it in other foods, like with eggs or beans and whatnot. yummerzzzz

I'll take mine as chicharrones please. With hot sauce.

Diablo said:
Yall just don't know. Pork rinds is the bombay...even pickled. It's more of an ingredient like that though, you put it in other foods, like with eggs or beans and whatnot. yummerzzzz

That was what I was wondering, how you eat it.

But still... disgusting. But who am I to talk, many people probably think that blood sausage, bone marrow and fermented herring are disgusting foods. :rolleyes:

MrArboc said:
That was what I was wondering, how you eat it.

But still... disgusting. But who am I to talk, many people probably think that blood sausage, bone marrow and fermented herring are disgusting foods. :rolleyes:
It says "ready to eat" that usually means it's to eat from the jar.

Yup, I see these at open air markets here. This jar is even more disturbing when it's sitting out on a bin of produce, and it's 90+ degrees outside!

I always figured they got fried at some point after being pickled, but I'm not 100% sure about this....

You know that memory eraser gun from Men In Black? Wish I had one now. Pass the mind bleach someone...

I won't vouch for this brand, but I will vouch for Hormel Pickled Pigs Feet. I grew up in the south with pork rinds, pickled pigs feet, hogshead cheese, etc. Do ya'll eat crawfish and suck the heads?
The only thing that scares me is eating the product when the top didn't pop. No Way!!!!!!!!!
That jar would of hit the trash in the next breath.

Back