• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

I have 20 yellow habs...

Yellow habs make a great tasting paste.

50 ml vinegar for every 100grms of Habs. Blend reduce for about ten minutes then add sugar to taste, yum.

No worries mate, you inspired me to make some of my own. I am reducing atm some Fatalii's, Mulo De Tiro, Scorpion's , Yellow 7-pot and Bona Ma Jacque.
Haven't tasted mine yet, smells good though.

How do you reduce, Nova? Boil away?

*scratches head*

Since I'm asking silly questions, do you remove the seeds when blending? I'm guessing yes?

You can also reduce by eating it :P

Sounds good guys.

that is the same basic recipe I use...

note on boiling...if you are not careful you will scortch the mixture...burn it on the bottom of the pot...I highly recommend bringing to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer just so it keeps on bubblin'...JMO

Ten minutes is only a ball park figure Paul, i actually reduced mine for probably 20-25 minutes the other night to get the wanted consistency and as AJ mentioned you have to watch the pot and stir often to avoid scorching the mix.

Thanks, mate -

I guess it's getting thicker all the time, eh? Makes sense, but I guess the best way is to give it a try, and I just happen to have a few habs that haven't drowned in the 13 days of rain we've just had...pics to follow.

If you don't want it to get thicker simmer or cook on low with the lid on. The water just recycles back into the sauce from the lid and the sides. Just make sure you have a tight seal and don't burn the bottom.

Back