• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

I have fresh, red Jalapenos, and no idea what to do with them! :-)

Schweeet - sounds great!

Thanks GeetGod!

Oh yeah - POTAWIE, I got the sea salt, so will try that method also - cheers!

rastao.gif

Ballzworth said:
personally I love Jalapenos sliced and pickled in a vinegar/garlic/onion/salt/carrot mix. you can spoon fulls straight from the jar.

May I have details so I can try this, Ballz? ;)

Man, that looks good!

I think I'll have to try both methods...purely for scientific purposes of course. (and NOT 'cause I'm greedy!)

Thanks!

Yeah I like peppers in Escabeche but if what you seek is more of a pickled pepper leave the oil out completely. Instead maybe add some toasted sesame seeds (for the sesame flavor in the mix). Sorry I'm just brainstorming here. I buy little cans of jalapenos Escabeche, but the oil, you don't really need. It makes the peppers slippery (it sits on top of the mix and coats the peppers as you take them out). So just decide if that's what you want before you go making batches.

what i had for lunch today;
slice the jals lengthways & remove seeds, fill with creamed cheese, naga paste & crumbled corned beef.re-assemble jals & wrap with serrano ham.baste in your favourite hot (or mild) sauce.pop into oven for 25-30 mins @ 180 degs or until ready.
simply wonderful!!
i can still taste these!:lol:

No Naga Paste in Africa, Bud!

Pretty dismal selection in general, actually...I would love to get some decent sauces flown in, but finances suck large!

Sounds like a bloody good feed up, though!

Anyhoo...

essentialingredient01.jpg

closeupr.jpg

and of course...

essentialingredient02.jpg

I managed to take this pic, but no more as I had my hands (and mouth!) full...

1steverpoppas.jpg

Thanks for the help.

looking good huntsman! hope it tasted good as i'm sure it did.
there are many varieties of recipe, & if it's good for you, then that's all that matters.
you seem to have used what was available to you, so that's perfectly OK.

Very kind of you, Mr. hunter - I'd best leave it to the authorities to move if they see fit...

Reminds me that it's PoppaTime again!

Back