• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I love my guns

Scoville DeVille said:
FIFY.

Yup, just get the right lawyer...
Unfortunately, that's a true statement. Luckily, there are some issues that have the backing of many legal precedents and case law. Some a little safer bet than others. But a clever lawyer with an ambition to scratch will always pursue what makes sense to his own wallet/ego.

We just lived thru the Carlton Complex fire and now there is a serious looting problem. Scum of the earth if you ask me.
People must think that since we are so rural, they won't get caught. They aren't figgerin' our guns are still operational.
As far as I know, no -one has gotten shot yet but it could be just a matter of time.
Lawyers can pick up the pieces later, but we will exercise our gun rights. you can beleedat.

View attachment 13000

HP22BH said:
The statement was made about taking a file and filing a x or cross into the forward edge of the HP cavity causing the projectile to literally come apart on impact.

I have been referring to modifying the projectile. But since reloading/hand loading seems to find its way into the discussion I will address that also. I have reloaded for 34 years both pistol and rifle. I consider myself very knowledgeable on the subject. I have also cast my own lead bullets and am fairly knowledgeable in the considering I have only been doing it for the past two years. But back to using reloads for self defense. You can spend your entire life tailoring a defensive load and still never equal what is being put on the shelves by Winchester,CCI, Remington or Hornady.  But, I am stubborn and have had to learn many things the hard way and some of you reading this may be just as stubborn. This is not the topic to prove it! If you choose for any reason to carry your hand loaded ammunition you WILL find your self in the same predicament as if you had modified the projectile. I carry a Kimber Ultra CDP II with Winchester 230 gr PDX bonded ammo. I practice with my reloads only.

I missed that part. I wouldn't file an X or in any other way modify factory stuff.

For the record, I don't carry reloads for defense either. A box of HP in my 45, and my 40 will cost what, $40.00 total and last for years since I very rarely shoot them. Occasionally, I'll shoot the chambered round if it has been unloaded and rechambered a few times.

Jeff H said:

I missed that part. I wouldn't file an X or in any other way modify factory stuff.

For the record, I don't carry reloads for defense either. A box of HP in my 45, and my 40 will cost what, $40.00 total and last for years since I very rarely shoot them. Occasionally, I'll shoot the chambered round if it has been unloaded and rechambered a few times.
I only use factory ammo for home defense as well and a box of five Remington 2-3/4" 00 buck is only $5 ;)
I may buy some 3" 00 buck though as fifteen .33 cal pellets is much better than nine.

Scoville DeVille said:
attachicon.gif
BtQjbCaCYAAb5a4-1.jpg-large.jpeg

That little solar powered spotlight made my day.

If I feel my life is in danger. I give a fux about gun laws. I do what I want....I live in the real world.

and my favorite piece is my dan wesson convertible. I wouldn't trade it for three 1911s

have you ever shot 00 or 000 out of a 3 1/2" Ultimag 12 gauge?

I had a mossberg pump with a 30" full choke barrel - it was a monster 

Had a police issue remy 870 magnum for a while. I suspect a female officer, cause this thing had the most petite stock and grip I've ever seen. It looked and felt like a toy. til you dropped the hammer on a three inch nitro mag  with double ott. Next thing you know you're asking the range master if he seen any pieces of your collar bone.

I've been target shooting for 20 years and have 2 Australian titles, 4 NSW state titles and numerous top 10 trophies.

I've got a CZ .22LR (Brno model 2) with a 20 inch stainless steel heavy barrel with 8 x 3/16 flutes. A custom made fibre glass/carbon fibre stock. A fully worked 2.5oz trigger topped with a Lynx 6-24x44 AO Target scope. This baby shoots even the crappiest of ammo at 0.3 of an inch at 50 yards 5 shot groups and my best ammo (Eley Tenex) shoots 5 shots at 50 yards at 0.2 inch all day long with my best group at 50 being 0.115 and my best group at 100 yards being 0.188. The whole package cost m around the $3500.

My Centerfire target rifle is a 260 Remington which is only shot in competition out to 200 yards. It's set on a Remington long action with the bolt milled for weight while retaining strength and the entire action was 'trued' with the locking lugs evened and polished. The Trigger is a Jewel comp trigger completely stripped and polished and is set at 2oz. Barrel is a 24 inch stainless steel with a 1in8 twist to handle the heavier projectiles. It has 6 x 1/4 flutes. The standard 260 neck is .264 and my chamber is set at .263 and I use 123gn Lapua match projectiles. The stock is the same custom made stock as my .22LR. On top is a Vortex 8-32x50 Target scope with fine cross hairs.. It shoots 5 shots at 100 yards consistently under 0.3 inches and 200 yards at under 0.4. 

My hunting Centerfire is a Ruger Mk 2 in .308.... Action and stock is standard and with the factory trigger polished and lightened. Barrel is a shilen stainless steel ex full bore match barrel with a .307 bore and 1in12 twist. On top is a Bushnell Elite 4-16x44 and I'm using a 139gn speer hollow point for pretty much everything up to big pigs. It shoots 5 shots at 100 yards under an inch which is all I need for a kill shot every time.

My close range scrub gun is a Marlin 336 lever action in .444 Marlin. On top is a Vortex 1x red dot. This thing is a real beauty to shot but sadly in Australia it's a real struggle to get any reloading gear for it and the factory rounds are around $3.50AUD a shot which makes it very impractical..... So sadly I'm planning on selling it and probably going to get something like a 30/30 lever action.

I'm about to get into single action shooting and I'll be getting a pair of Ruger vaquero in .357, a Ubertil 1873 Comp lever action in .357 and a Arthemis side by side 12G shotgun....

I didn't know you were a gun person Moy....good on ya mate...

Back