• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

I Love Snakes!!!!!!

yup it was just curled up taking a nap lol - i woke up, saw it & well just waited - amazing how calm you can be when u have to be. It woke soon after and just slithered away (i was just sleeping on a blanket out bush). i was 3 hours drive from nearest hospital.

Impressed buddy i suppose its afterwards you think about what may have happened,But your calm attitude helped buckets..But 3 hours Away..Your Karma must be well stacked,Dont no how i would have reacted snakes..I love spiders i hait,When i was younger my aunt and uncle had a place near San antonio and they would get up each day
and clear the Tarantulas of the south facing wall..When they new i didn't like them it became my new Job assignment..Still don't love them but not as bad as i was :(

talas said:
Indeed it must have been i like Snakes..But don't what sharing my bed either..How did it go come on lol.on my chest and..:(

I don't mind snakes but I wouldn't want one in my bed either, well,.,. oh nevermind.

moyboy said:
This little beauty comes from outback NSW Australia.

The farmer was rather happy when he found this thing as it had been killing and eating all his lambs for months and months......

snake.jpg

snake1.jpg

what kind of snake is this, it a big sucker, never saw one with that many teeth

bentalphanerd said:
Something else to be aware of in the news today:

MALE funnel-web spiders are looking for love in southern Queensland.

Experts are warning visitors and locals to be wary of the potentially deadly spiders, especially over the summer breeding season.

The warning follows the sighting of a male funnel-web at Mount Tamborine, south of Brisbane.
Queensland Museum's funnel-web spider expert Dr Robert Raven said bites were prevalent during summer when males leave burrows in search of mates.

"The local funnel-webs are to be considered every bit as dangerous as the Sydney funnel-web,'' Dr Raven said.

"People should be on the alert for large black spiders walking during or after rain.

"Males actively search for females and wander at night, often during rain.''

He said they were large, black ground-dwelling spiders that quickly rise into the attack position with front legs raised and fangs open.

Any bite from a large black spider at these times should be treated with the utmost care, he said.

"When bitten by a funnel-web, death can occur within 15 minutes,'' Dr Raven said.

"If the victim has been envenomed, severe systemic distress which includes laboured breathing, vomiting, pupils fixed and dilated, is soon evident.''

Anyone bitten should immediately bandage the site and call an ambulance.

While southeast Queensland and northern NSW rainforests are the most common habitat, funnel-webs are also found in suburbs close to dense bushland in Brisbane.
I would love to have a few Funnel Web Spiders. I dont want the wandering mnales, its the females I want which will be in a burrow :lol:

Must admit i thought Anaconda because it was so big..New South Wales Wow,Would not like to walk Drunk down those back roads at Night ;)

Back