• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I NEED HELP!!

Well, I was just thinking about that... You could actually pull the trim off where the roof meets the outside wall(on a normal peaked roof) and tap into the support joists on the A frame... then a few lag bolts some 2x4's 1/4 inch plywood and maybe some 4x4's for support... You could probably do a length of roofx3x18" bed that was off the roof but still used the roof area. more like a lateral extension of the roof. snerk, better than gutters :)

hee, funny you should mention that, there's a roof garden at trent run by env sci for the student restaurant and i'm trying to get them to take my extra plants...

actually for me I think the best thing to do for more grow space will be to extend my cement farm all the way around the back yard...if I did that, I would have room for about another 100 plants....

mudatvs said:
t year at this...I have quickly outgrown my grow area (no pun intended) for this year and have plans for ordering about 24 more plants from Cross Country Nurseries.

Get your order in if you haven't already. they run out of some varieties. If you're holding off for monetary reasons, they don't bill you until they ship.

I have completely became consumed with this...But, hey, there are worse things to be addicted to. Right???

*cricket's chirping*

I am no longer an addict, my wife has officially declared me obsessed and is arranging an exorcism behind my back. I caught her in my room sprinkling some kind of water on my plants and saying some strange words. 400+ plants is'nt that bad.:lol:

DCP_1300.jpg

I'm well into the advanced stages of the addiction, I think I'm actually becoming a chile junkie. There is just no stopping it.;)

And as if the primary addiction were not bad enough, the craving to come here and post about peppers at all hours of the night and day is overwhelming!

This year I have found an other area to plant we are starting small a couple o' hundred -- fortunately **for me** we can expand. This all means going to another town dragging hundreds of feet of hose and placing rain barrels about but its no big thang.... A friend of mine and I used to work there as landscrapers and have literally emptied thousands of cubic yards of leaves in this area 15yrs ago hopefully it turns out for the best

ABurningMouth said:
I have to call in late to work every day because I have to water my plants. And of course; stare at them.

glad to know i'm not the only one who just sits and stares at their plants...it's not my fault, they're so pretty

GrumpyBear said:
glad to know i'm not the only one who just sits and stares at their plants...it's not my fault, they're so pretty
I know but it's when you stand there and stare at them expecting them to do something.

I just finished watering mine and actually caught myself talking to them. :oops:

Also, I took Pam's advice and just placed an order with Cross Country Nurseries. Now I'm going to have:
4 more Jalapeno
3 Kung Pao
3 Lemon Drop
3 Red Scotch Bonnet
3 Yellow Scotch Bonnet
4 Tobasco
4 Thai Red

This is all in addition to my current grow list of:

7 Habanero
6 Mariachi Hybrid
11 Serrano Chili
8 Hot Hungarian Wax
4 False Alarm
4 Pablano
4 Burpee's Pepper Mix (hot pepper surprise)
6 Aji Red
4 Slim Cayenne
6 Thick Cayenne
6 Anaheim
6 Sweet Pepper

WOW, I just realized, thats 96 plants:!: I think that I might have to give some away. I might have a space issue. We'll see...

Paul

You really can't go wrong with the red and yellow Scotch Bonnets, they taste great. As for talking to the plants it's not as bad as watching them thinking a flower might pop open or a chilli might miraculously appear ripe.

Back