I suppose I ought to say hello.

chilliman64 said:
Pam what is a Laboratory Animal Technologist? do you experiment on little fluffy rabbits and lost dogs?

Well, nothing like a loaded question first thing in the morning! Heh, you could get a little help from PETA with your hyperbole if the forum weren't so busy discussing killing cats and cooking dogs.

Anyway, I'm the Animal Health Technician for and run the Animal Diagnostic Lab here at the university. Biomedical research is performed here, although I am more of an adjunct to rather than a direct participant in the research. In other words, I take care of the animals and train the people who do the research. In other other words, I'm the bitch in the basement who terrorizes grad students and pampers the mousies.

We're primarily a small animal facility, mostly mice, rats and peromyscus; but we do get the occasional rabbit or pig in, and I have a refrigerator full of frogs right now. We have oodles of lines of transgenic and knockout mice housed here and a couple of dozen species and inbred lines of peromyscus.

This morning I'm becoming intimately acquainted with the lower intestinal contents of Peromyscus leucopus to make sure no squatters have taken up residence.

Which I need to get back to.

Does that answer your question?

bentalphanerd said:
Sounds like a real glamor job Pam :mouthonfire:

What can I say...shit is my life. I measure what goes in one end of an animal and what comes out the other. I take notes on the amount, consistency, odor, and color. I take samples back to the lab and run tests on it, then I write detailed descriptions of it to send to the veterinarian.

And after work, for my hobby, I stand ankle deep in composted shit watching my garden grow.

Pam said:
I take notes on the amount, consistency, odor, and color. I take samples back to the lab and run tests on it, then I write detailed descriptions of it
You should be good at writing review for hot sauce :mouthonfire:

sounds like you're a lady that knows her shit Pam!

ah...erm... when I say 'knows her shit' I don't mean her shit, I mean... well you know what I mean...

(time for a quick diversion)

look, is that a dog over there =========================>>>

*as everyone looks, turns and runs away*

chilliman64 said:

ah...erm... when I say 'knows her shit' I don't mean her shit, I mean... well you know what I mean...

(time for a quick diversion)

look, is that a dog over there =========================>>>

*as everyone looks, turns and runs away*

Cat? Where? All I see is a dog.

Pam said:
What can I say...shit is my life. I measure what goes in one end of an animal and what comes out the other. I take notes on the amount, consistency, odor, and color. I take samples back to the lab and run tests on it, then I write detailed descriptions of it to send to the veterinarian.

And after work, for my hobby, I stand ankle deep in composted shit watching my garden grow.

I'm always in the sh*t - only the depth changes.

How do you take notes on Odor?

Notice how I'm resisting saying all the lame lines you must have heard a million times :mouthonfire:

like what bentalphanerd?

you're job stinks, or,
do you come home with a case of the shits most days?, or,
I bet you stopped biting your nails, or,
did you stop making suggestions at work because all your ideas were pooh-poohed?, or,
do your note pads come in rolls?, or,
when seated at work, is your desk mounted on the wall behind you?

I've got more - sadly, many more...

bentalphanerd said:
**Flushes chilliman64**

you can tell me to scat if you want to

scat, get it, bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

and I still haven't done any jokes about stools or getting shitfaced or licking bowls etc

used food - a treat for the senses - you can see it, smell it, hear it, touch it, and some enjoy the remaining sensory experience...

and depending on how much capsaicin is in your diet it can also burn you :onfire:

skid Mark

chilliman64 said:

Yes, and the next time you're tempted to give me some shit over some comment or the other, I'll thank you to remember that.

bentalphanerd said:
I'm always in the sh*t - only the depth changes.

How do you take notes on Odor?

I'd tell you, but I'd hafta kill you.

Notice how I'm resisting saying all the lame lines you must have heard a million times :onfire:

I spent the morning fishing around in peromyscus feces, lame lines sound like a distinct improvement.

ok, I'll wipe the grin off my face, swallow my pride, pass up the opportunity for more cheap jokes, and make a sudden movement towards the door...

that's it, no more digestive humour for me in this thread as I don't think the rest of you can stomach it :onfire:

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Serious question...Why do dog farts smell soooo bad?[/QUOTE]

Are there farts that don't smell bad?

they lick their own butts and eat each others sh*t - and you're surprised their farts smell. I'm surprised that you're surprised! :onfire:

knowing what they get up to I'm even more shocked when I see people letting their dogs lick them on the face and in the mouth :sick: I suppose being an animal lover means different things to different people...

Back