• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

If You Could Only Grow One Super Hot....

I'd choose the bih jolokia for flavor, heat, and productivity. Some suggested naga moriches. They produce well and have good heat and flavor. I think that would also be a great choice. I'm getting more out of my bih jolokia than my naga moriches, so I'm favoring the bih jolokia. My bih jolokia plant also ripened before every other plant (30+ varieties) except for my African birds eyes, two f2 hybrids, and red Jamaican Scotch bonnets.

The hybrid sounds very interesting. Having a mystery cross keeps things from getting boring for sure:)

It can't just be any cake, it has to be a dark chocolate devils cake with smoked peppers and dark chocolate
ganache... I really should put some of my recipes in the cooking section.

Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Reactions: nee
What a great question, erm Bhut Jolokia?

And thats because its the only super ive grown so far (and its moorish) ask me at Christmas & maybe ill have a different opinion as im growing most of the "supers" to compare.

What are you chasing? flavor or heat? or both?

Mezo. (subscribed)

again, I say standard red 7 Pot...IMO the best flavor and between 600K and 1 million....they are my absolute number one go to pepper for being an all around good cooking ingredient...and they are especially delicious in bloody mary's

7 pot Jonah is my favorite - it has a very unique smell and flavor. It is also hardy and I especially like how it changes color as it ripens.

025.jpg

I still have to go with the Ghost. We picked over 200 pods from this plant. Heat and flavor too....in my opinion.
hot2.jpg

hot6.jpg

Fiery REgards,
Pepper Joe
:dance: :P :dance: :P :dance: :P

Joe, sorry to disagree with you, but IMO the BJ can not hold a candle to the taste of a 7...and they don't grow or produce as well here in North Texas as the Trinidad Varieties do...

We can just agree to disagree.... :)

My bhuts have basically shut down due to the heatwave, whereas the Trinidads (Scorpions and 7 Pot) are still setting pods. So I have to agree with you there AJ. A month of 105+ degree days takes its toll on bhuts. However, the bhut is still my first love, because like Joe said its got "flavor and heat".

Above all else I just pray I never find myself in a situation where I have to choose only one to grow, I think it would kill me spiritually.

like I said, we can agree to disagree.... :)

Back