• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

IGG's Remote Garden 06-25-08 Grow Log

Yes, you read that right, this is the remote garden. My friend Eric Chem. wanted to learn how to grow things so I was very happy to teach him. We created various garden spots on his property and put in stuff. Here's some pics:

The main garden (Super Sweet 100 tomato, Mr. Stripy tomato, basil, brune lettuce, buttercrunch lettuce, tall corn)
chem1rj3.jpg

Pepper Spot #1 ("Monster" Asain Birdseye):
chem2wh1.jpg

Pepper Spot #2 (Scotch Bonnet with a volunteer strawberry plant to the right....at least we think it is a strawberry)
chem3ie3.jpg

Pepper Spot #3 ("Monster" Asain Birdseye, Scotch Bonnets, Fataliis, Cayenne, Serrano, Super Chili, Piquin, Piqrrano)
chem4uw6.jpg

Yes, that does appear to be a strawberry. They grow wild around my area. They rarely grow fruit down here though. I wish i had grown strawberries this year, but i can't be bothered with the ant populations or squirrels eating the fruit.

millworkman said:
Looks good IGG. Did you mix anything in with the soil when you planted?
Yep, actually a month before we planted we mixed in Humas and cow manure, sand, and love...ok....well maybe not love, but you get the picture.

imaguitargod said:
Yep, actually a month before we planted we mixed in Humas and cow manure, sand, and love...ok....well maybe not love, but you get the picture.
Hamas? :shocked:
Anyway, strawberries seem to kill every other plants around them. like weeds.

imaguitargod said:
Yes, you read that right, this is the remote garden. My friend Eric Chem. wanted to learn how to grow things so I was very happy to teach him.

Now this sounds great and the garden looks great but I am worried about one thing:

Is this new hobby, along with everything else you and Eric have going on, gonna delay the latest installment of the adventures of my favorite super-hero? :(

those 'monsters' are looking good IGG - i sprouted some about the same time you did, but in soil. They're taller than yours but not as bushy. I do have a few flowers already :cool: but it'll probably be sept before anything ripens :(

Man i hope the pods are hot & tasty...be heart-breaking to have a plant grow this well & have crap pods :shocked:

seems you taught him well IGGy...plants look very good...

Philipperv said:
Is this new hobby, along with everything else you and Eric have going on, gonna delay the latest installment of the adventures of my favorite super-hero? :(
Hehe, don't have any new adventures planed for Mullet-Man just yet...

bentalphanerd said:
those 'monsters' are looking good IGG - i sprouted some about the same time you did, but in soil. They're taller than yours but not as bushy. I do have a few flowers already :cool: but it'll probably be sept before anything ripens :(

Man i hope the pods are hot & tasty...be heart-breaking to have a plant grow this well & have crap pods :shocked:
I've got a few pods on my potted monster, probably a month out, but expect a report back with pics eventually.

AlabamaJack said:
seems you taught him well IGGy...plants look very good...

Thank you. He's starting to get the hang of it.

fineexampl said:
Yes, that does appear to be a strawberry. They grow wild around my area. They rarely grow fruit down here though. I wish i had grown strawberries this year, but i can't be bothered with the ant populations or squirrels eating the fruit.

is that the cause of all the ants i have :shocked::shocked:

Omri said:
Hamas? :shocked:
Anyway, strawberries seem to kill every other plants around them. like weeds.

i had a ginormous weed growing in a potted strawberry plant...... should they not be potted ???

Back