• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm old emough to remember when...

...when there was LEADED gas
...when I was one of the coolest kids in school because we had a Tandy computer
...Voltron
...hand-drawn cartoons that were twitchy
...libraries
...being able to eat a dozen hard-boiled eggs
...when a 14.4 modem was lightening fast

Does anyone remember Bulletin Boards and when modems only ran at BPS? (You know, sorta the "old" internet....?)

or how about just prior to modems, acoustic couplers, i remember having to code old handheld portable data collecters to trasmit data by putting the coupler over the phone and hoping the data got to the other end. never worked in a thunderstorm.

and i do remember the strap at school, detentions where you actually had to clean the chalk board and brushes because you had to write out "i will not punch Billy in the head anymore", 100 times. Okay, i wasn't that bad! "i will not chew gum in class".

i don't know if you all have noticed but where have all the 3 quart milk bags gone? you know a bag of milk that had 3 individual quart bags in them. gone, just like that.

HOT Warheads!

WarheadsLogo.gif

Why do they only make the sour ones now????

or how about just prior to modems, acoustic couplers, i remember having to code old handheld portable data collecters to trasmit data by putting the coupler over the phone and hoping the data got to the other end. never worked in a thunderstorm.
OK, you lost me on that one.... :rofl:

We got the first transistor radio in our village. (Made in Holland for 7.00 Dollars)in 1958

less than 50 cents filled up my scooter with a full tank of 2 gallons gas.

and many more dirty things ...hehehehe

When dirt still smelled new....

When you offered to help a lady with her groceries and she was very thankfull rather than scared you were trying to steal her goodies. :lol:

Back