• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Indoor Growing

------------------------------------------------------------- Update: 30th of october:

Started to post pictures on instagram of the peppers for convenience (nick is: midnightsunpeppers)

And most plants are still alive and kicking tho i did reduce the numbers in august again but that was mostly the ones i had plenty of and some unknowns :P

------------------------------------------------------------- Update: 4th of may:

Im proud of myself!    I have managed to Cull by Forcing people I know to accept plants!! Still have a few more i need to "cull" but i belive my father mentioned that the plants i gave him got "stolen" by his friends and he wanted more  :dance:

Now my list are down to this:

1 - Aji White Fantasy
4 - Coyote Zan White
1 - Murupi Amarela
1 - Devil’s Tongue White
4 - 7 Pot Peach F3
3 - Brito's Mystery Peach F4
- Fidalga Roxa (resowed at 3rd of may since i keep killing of the seedlings in bizarre accidents...)
1 - Jalapeno Coyame
1 - Pimento de Padron
1 - Bubblegum 7
1 - Elephant Ear
2 - Red Habanero
1 - Peach Bhut SS PL
1 - Aji Verde
1 - Hot Beads
1 - Peach Tiger’s Tooth PL
1 - Hungarian Black
2 - Trinidad Sc Green
1 - Black Pequin
1 - Star of Turkey
1 - Goat’s weed
1 - El Oro de Ecuador
1 - Mayan Love Pepper
1 - Habanero Neon Yellow
1 - Black Coban
2 - Golden Nugget
2 - Cheiro Roxa
1 - Pimenta da Neyde
3 - CGN 2150XXX
1 - Jellybean
2 - Filius
1 - Fluorescent
1 - Brown Bhutlah SLP
0 - Peach Buth Jolokia (never sprouted)
1 - Buth Orange Copenhagen
1 - Yellow Fatalii
1 - Bonda Man Jacques
1 - 7 Pot Primo
1 - Kashmiri Mirch
1 - Pimenta Puma
0 - Sugar Rush (resowed at 3rd of may, doubt they will sprout)
1 - NuMex Black Prince
1 - Maui Purple
1 - Filus Blue
1 - Chinese Five Colors
1 - NuMex Cinco de Mayo
1 - Arlecchino
1 - NuMex April Fool's Day
1 - CPI Jigsaw
2 - Chiltepin
3 - Aji Lemon Drop
0 - Pink Tiger (never sprouted)
- Aji Rosita (sowed at 3rd of may)
- Aji Llaneron (sowed at 3rd of may)
- Aji Margariteño (sowed at 3rd of may)
- Aji Pepon (sowed at 3rd of may)
- Aji Jobito (sowed at 3rd of may)
- Aji Rosita Rojo (sowed at 3rd of may)

Unknowns: (Ebays and store bought Chilies that i took seeds from before i learned better!)
3 - Black Pearl
4 - Purple UFO
1 - Purle Tiger
2 - Pretty in Purple
2 - Black Prince
2 - Bird Eye
2 - Medusa (putting on new leafs and flower like a freak on steroids and its not even 10cm tall!)
1 - Vietnamese Multicolor
2 - Peter Red
3 - Chilly Willy Yellow
1 - White Jolokia
2 - Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
2 - Peter
1 - Scotch Bonnet
1 - Scotch Bonnet "B" (seeds from store bought fruit)
2 - Habanero Lemon
1 - Chocolate Jolokia
1 - Peter Yellow
4 - Asian? (seeds from store bought fruit)
1 - Asian? (Motherinlaws seeds) (seeds from store bought fruit)
- 7 Pot Yellow
- 7 Pot Burgundy
1 - Bolivian Rainbow
2 - Black Nocturne (reminds me so far about the Filius but being Blacker in the color and the stem)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, making my first Glog, ever. But then again, I have never grown peppers before...  :P

I do belive i have gone overboard with the amount of different seeds im starting (and have started) so trying very hard to limit myself down to only plant 2 of each type... yeah right! But i swear, i am trying!

I have 2 7-pod Aerogardens and i was supposed to let one be dedicated to tomatoes og herbs... somehow i forgot and both got chillies starting in them...ups? So to make up for that mistake i started 30 tomates of different varaities that i now have in solo cups so my better half might forgive me...

So what i have atm is:

2 aerogardens = 14
3x starter tray holding 18 = 54
4x starter tray holding 12 = 48
1x starter tray holding 24 = 24
2x starter tray holding 30 = 60
16x starter tray holding 12 = 192

Potentially 392 seedlings....oh my....cant use them all!

I dont have heatmats, im using the downstairs bathroom as it have heating in the floor. When it comes to light i have been shopping for grow lights but i have to admit that i do rely alot on the soutfacing windows so some of the peppers started this fall/winter havent had much light as the sun came back in the end of january. They are abit tall but healthy and putting on flowers! (my chiltepin, thai and lemon drop)

Have been shopping around for grow lights. Found some at the gardenshop but only bought 2 different ones as they are pricy. Found a lightbulb at the petstore that have 6500k that i understand is the recomended thingy bob?
Also ordered some lightbulbs from ebay with small socket as i couldent find any elsewere, they have the cold white and should be 6500k. And with this ill be able to mount up spots on the walls in my "grow room"
So to my list..

#tray3x4=12
3 -Aji White Fantasy (28/3) 1 up
3 -Coyote Zan White (28/3) 1 up
3 -Murupi Amarela (28/3) 1up
3 -Devil’s Tongue White (28/3) 2 up

#tray3x4=12
4 -7 Pot Peach F3 (28/3)
4 -Brito's Mystery Peach F4 (28/3)
4 -Fidalga Roxa (28/3)

#tray2x9=18
2-Jalapeno Coyame (4/4)
2-Pimento de Padron (4/4)
2-Bubblegum 7 (4/4)
2-Elephant Ear (4/4)
2-Red Habanero (4/4)
2-Peach Bhut SS PL (4/4)
2-Aji Verde (4/4)
2-Hot Beads (4/4)
2-Peach Tiger’s Tooth PL (4/4)

#tray2x9=18
2-Hungarian Black (6/4)
2-Trinidad Sc Green (6/4)
2-Black Pequin (6/4)
2-Star of Turkey (6/4)
2-Goat’s weed (6/4)
2-El Oro de Ecuador (6/4)
2-Mayan Love Pepper (6/4)
2- Habanero Neon Yellow (6/4)
2-Black Coban (6/4)

o#tray3x4=12
3-Golden Nugget (2/4)
3-Cheiro Roxa (2/4)
3-Pimenta da Neyde (2/4)
3-CGN 2150XXX (2/4)

#tray3x4=12
3-Jellybean (5/4)
3-Filius (5/4)
3-Fluorescent (5/4)
3-Brown Bhutlah SLP (5/4)

#Agarden1:
-Black Pearl
-Purple UFO (22/3) (really slow growing in there, the ones i put in a pot are doing fine so maby these dont like the agarden?)
-Purle Tiger (22/3)
-Pretty in Purple (22/3)
-Black Prince(22/3)
-Bird Eye (22/3)
-Medusa (22/3)

-Cayenne Purple Repotting out from the aerogarden

#Agarden2:
Starter Tray, going to place 3x10 i think og 3x8 and then 1x10 for the last two rows..
From left to right.
R1- 3xPink Tiger (11/4)
R2-3xFilus Blue (11/4)
R3-3xMaui Purple (11/4)
R4-3x-NuMex Black Prince (11/4)
R5-3xCPI Jigsaw (11/4)
R6-3xNuMex April Fools Day (11/4)
R7-3xChinese Five Color (11/4) (one i wanted to buy but got as a freebie!)
R8-3xNuMex Conco de Mayo (11/4)
R9-3xArlecchino (11/4)
R10-from top to bottom:1xKashmiri Mirch 1xSugar Rush 1xPimenta Puma (11/4)

#tray4x(2x3)=24
5xPeach Buth Jolokia (11/4)
5xButh Orange Copenhagen (11/4)
5xYellow Fatalii (11/4)
5(6)xBonda Man Jacques (11/4)
4(5)x7 Pot Primo (11/4)

#tray3x4=12
3xKashmiri Mirch (17/4)
3xPimenta Puma (17/4)
3xSugar Rush (17/4)
3xCheiro Roxa (17/4)

#tray3x4=12
-NuMex Black Prince (14/4)
-Maui Purple (14/4)
-Filus Blue (14/4)
-Chinese Five Colors (14/4)

#tray3x4=12
-NuMex Cinco de Mayo (14/4)
-Arlecchino (14/4)
-NuMex April Fool's Day (14/4)
-CPI Jigsaw (14/4)

-Pink Tiger (tried to get some growning before but they just went all mouldy so ordered some new ones)
Update on new ones, have 3 in the agarden and they just keep getting mouldy, have now put 4 seeds into a ziplock bad after treating them with anti fungus thingy bob and so far no mould so just need to wait to see if they sprout. Starting to think the pink tigers fron uk Chilli somthing something place are a hoax :( and they looks so nice!) so a big bummer so far...

Grown at different Dates:
-Aji Lemon Drop (have to be good in fish dishes right?)
-Chiltepin
-Thai Chili (local thai store)
-Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T'
-Peter Red/Yellow /Orange
-White Jolokia (1/3)
-7 Pot Yellow
-7 Pot Burgundy
-Chocolate Jolokia
-Bolivian Rainbow
-Lemon Habanero (1/3)
-Bird Eye
-Pasilla Bajio
-Mulato
-Poblano
-Scotch Bonnet
-Jalapeno
-Big Jim (22/2) (Sadly most of them got killed in the same accident that killed mr tabasco)
-Purrira
-Tabasco (RIP after getting dropped on the floor)

Had one of my seedlings having 3 starter leafs popping up today 0o  (8/4)

But yeah, part of the glog is also for me to actually keep track of what i grow. I get distracted so easily and think ill remember to mark but i never do.....

Wow!!! Nice list and :welcome: to THP from Central Florida... 
There are a lot of great people here on THP and they are very helpful...
You have some really nice varieties there...
I hope you have a lot of room... LOL
I can't wait for some photos!!!

20150408_175944_zpsn8yurquc.jpg

Got 3 starter leafs going on my Coyote Zan White!

Not much to show from my trays but here are some of my "house plants"

Livingroom window upstairs, from left to right, lemon drop, bottle tomato, sweet pepper, thai chili, bolivian rainbow
Window_zpsqnr7qhxh.jpg

Lemon Drop:
Lemon%20Drop%20Halloween_zpsqsnyrq7m.jpg

Braided thai chili....i think its thai but im not sure, i kinda forgot to mark him
braided%20thai_zpsv6rhmhne.jpg

Braided Sweet banana pepper
Braided%20Sweet%20Pepper_zpsnthpxchi.jpg

My heatmat!!

20150408_221833_zpscvibdwcj.jpg

Got a feeling i have misplaced some starter trays...

The Aerogardens, just threw out some of the seeds that refused to germinate :(

20150408_223430_zpshf6audhk.jpg

20150408_223503_zpsyzg7luab.jpg

20150408_223435_zpsjeaymu3g.jpg

20150408_223516_zpsh3imdghv.jpg

And some of the better halfs tomatoes:
20150408_223441_zpsqeddye3z.jpg

And i got a feeling i put the lights abit high up..
20150408_223446_zpsbc1znjcd.jpg

and a few of the others:
20150408_223531_zpslkbnpqfc.jpg

20150408_223555_zpstnl2ac1m.jpg

20150408_222110_zpsv9gsikfg.jpg

nice setup and healthy plants   :fireball: impressive view from the window as well. would love to have a house like that since i love fishing in norway and growing chili!

Midnight Sun Peppers said:

Got 3 starter leafs going on my Coyote Zan White!

Not much to show from my trays but here are some of my "house plants"

Livingroom window upstairs, from left to right, lemon drop, bottle tomato, sweet pepper, thai chili, bolivian rainbow

Lemon Drop:

Braided thai chili....i think its thai but im not sure, i kinda forgot to mark him
braided%20thai_zpsv6rhmhne.jpg

Not entirely sure it's a thai, mine is fruiting and is definitely a thai and has different leaf structure.   Great healthy plants though.  That is some serious growing potential you have going on there.  

Nice nursery and good looking healthy plants. You might have a problem with the number of plants. Your first season?
I go fishing in northern Norway (Lyngen, Koppangen) every year. This year heading to Andröya near Lofoten. I just love Norway and the people.
I always prepare TomYam soup from my own chilis and use either sei or cod and fresh prawns from Tromsö fish market. Yumyum!

Runescape said:
Agreed... I think thai plants have a lot of smaller leaves and upright pods...
001-2.jpg

Nice ones!

It will be really intresting to see what mine grows out to be... have another one im just calling thai as its from pods i buy at the local thai store, looked at the package today and they originate from vietnam. Small red pods, no idea what they acutally are but kinda the only fresh chillies u can get apart from the big ones at the supermarket up here

newril said:
nice setup and healthy plants   :fireball: impressive view from the window as well. would love to have a house like that since i love fishing in norway and growing chili!
 Thanks, think the view where the main reason we bought the house, that and the red toiletseat in the bathroom :P

Bluesman said:
 Nice nursery and good looking healthy plants. You might have a problem with the number of plants. Your first season?
I go fishing in northern Norway (Lyngen, Koppangen) every year. This year heading to Andröya near Lofoten. I just love Norway and the people.
I always prepare TomYam soup from my own chilis and use either sei or cod and fresh prawns from Tromsö fish market. Yumyum!

I might have big spaceproblems comming up at some point! But always got some family i might offload some too if i start drowning :) and yes its my first season and i might not have a clue what i actually have gotten myself into but im loving every second of it so far

Oh tomyum...think i need to get out fishing for ingredients this summer!

Been playing with the camera today and prepping the aerogarden for some seeds for tomorrow. Moved most of the ones that i had over to one and then got a starter tray set up for the second one. Put the biggest one i had in water to be replantet into a solo cup tomorrow

DSC_0566_zpscwwyrfhg.jpg

DSC_0567_zpsrltmc7eo.jpg

Now off to charge the camera and see if i can learn to take pictures!

Nice ones!

It will be really intresting to see what mine grows out to be... have another one im just calling thai as its from pods i buy at the local thai store, looked at the package today and they originate from vietnam. Small red pods, no idea what they acutally are but kinda the only fresh chillies u can get apart from the big ones at the supermarket up here
Pics stolen off google lol...

Yea, looks like you got some mystery plants on ur hands...

Ive heard of people germing seeds from the grocery store...hopefully they put out some interesting pods as well...

Runescape said:
Pics stolen off google lol...

Yea, looks like you got some mystery plants on ur hands...

Ive heard of people germing seeds from the grocery store...hopefully they put out some interesting pods as well...

The grocery store seeds are what inflicted me with this chilli growing disease..... horrible seeds :dance:
...and after a bad batch of soil where all but the 3 types of chilies got killed, i keep on growing chillies. I think i massacred close to 60 seedlings with that bag of soil...

Atleast i now know my green fingers expand to chillies and bottled tomatoes.....

The grocery store seeds are what inflicted me with this chilli growing disease..... horrible seeds :dance:
...and after a bad batch of soil where all but the 3 types of chilies got killed, i keep on growing chillies. I think i massacred close to 60 seedlings with that bag of soil...
Lol, nice...

...What was in the soil? some disease or pests?

Runescape said:
Lol, nice...

...What was in the soil? some disease or pests?

Honestly i dont know, looked like some white mold at first then went full...bad....found white small worms in the soil when i dug deeper down afterwards. Just threw everything out and rinsed the soil of the chilies and equipment. Think i had the chillies going trough 3 rounds of full soap washing with amonium thingy, green soap before they started looking healthy again

So finally got the starter tray in the Agarden sorted:

From left to right.
R1- 3xPink Tiger (11/4)
R2-3xFilus Blue (11/4)
R3-3xMaui Purple (11/4)
R4-3x-NuMex Black Prince (11/4)
R5-3xCPI Jigsaw (11/4)
R6-3xNuMex April Fools Day (11/4)
R7-3xChinese Five Color (11/4) (one i wanted to buy but got as a freebie!)
R8-3xNuMex Conco de Mayo (11/4)
R9-3xArlecchino (11/4)
R10-from top to bottom:1xKashmiri Mirch 1xSugar Rush 1xPimenta Puma (11/4)

Also read the reviews of seedman and regret ordering from there now, not sure if i should bother to even try to grow out the seeds.....bummer...

Got a good idea tho, under the staris i was thinking of putting up lights under each step and keep chilies under there. Cover the walls with emergancy blankets and it should be fine. Just need to learn how to assmble led strips as i wouldent try to use normal grow bulbs under there as i think they wont ast long from the fact of us using the stairs alot

So any input or advice on led would be apriciated!

First pepper grow?  In Norway?  Way to jump
in with both feet, Nita!  Good luck with your
under-stair grow space.

A very impressive list, and great results so far.  
You must have the Green thumb!  The braided
plants should turn out awesome!

:welcome: to the growlogosphere!

PaulG said:
First pepper grow?  In Norway?  Way to jump
in with both feet, Nita!  Good luck with your
under-stair grow space.

A very impressive list, and great results so far.  
You must have the Green thumb!  The braided
plants should turn out awesome!

:welcome: to the growlogosphere!

Both feet? think i might have jumped in with some borrowed extra feets aswell lol Thanks!

Getting some leggy plants so had to find out something to do with them, hopefully ill get some good bonsai projects out of them :P
Just adding a few pictures again, been playing around with a few lenses for the nikon camery i found in the basement^^

My mystery thai plant have gotten its first flower toda:
036_zpsijw0hihe.jpg

039_zpsuodhcro7.jpg

And when i woke up today you couldent see more than a meter outside the window due to the heavy snow, now:
028_zpsahlcx10u.jpg

034_zpsbeyw83hr.jpg
032_zpskcqwmtpy.jpg

Back