• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Ingredients you *never* want to see in hot sauce

ha this is an interesting post...

Nightshade said:
Extract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed. Mixing extract and hot sauce is like mixing your Wheaties with your after-dinner bourbon; some stuff should just stay on its own.

The Hot Pepper said:
Spinach? Sure. Cloves? Could use in Jerk. Anchovies? Why not. 
Wow you're one of those eat-pretty-much-anything types, huh?

thegreenman said:
Polonium 

also

Melamine
LOL why not get some hair on your chest... and eyeballs?

RocketMan said:
Anything with a name I can't pronounce and need a PHD to know what it is.
What about (E)-N-(4-Hydroxy-3-methoxybenzyl)-8-methylnon-6-enamide? (sorry, I'm a giant dork)

Personally, I'd have to go with any dairy or meat products

Unless you are very, very picky, anything made from corn is GMO, same with soy.

Certain parts of a southern cactus may be a bit "over the top"-----unless you want to have a conversation with your sauce later.

Cannabis oil?

Hmmmmmm.
May make an interesting medicinal, in those certain states where such edibles are allowed. :drooling:

Gotrox said:
Cannabis oil?

Hmmmmmm.
May make an interesting medicinal, in those certain states where such edibles are allowed. :drooling:

Just did the paperwork, might be adding that to the product line soon~  ;) 

thegreenman said:
But that is exactly where the "hottest sauce wars" are heading. I'll give it 2-3 years before idiots are making you tube videos snorting it. 
Ha yeah it seems more and more manufacturers are neglecting a lesser-known attribute of sauces. I think it's called "taste"- whatever the hell that is

I'd like to add anything more than, say, 10 different kinds of fruit. After a point, it just takes on a sort of "slop" taste with to me

Back