• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Insanity - The Girls

That is the nicest container chilli garden I have seen recently. I hope to get close to that myself in the next few months.

Thanks for the compliments. Picked a bunch of aji habaneros tonight (mild peppers) plus purple and "regular" jalapenos, and made some mushroom-gnocchi soup with them. YUM!
gnocciSoup.jpg

What went into it was:

Aji Habaneros, Jalapenos, and Red Bell Peppers
Onion, Mushrooms
Gnocci
Chicken Stock
Shredded roasted chicken
Half & Half
Butter, Flour
Cayenne powder, rosemary, thyme, allspice, garlic powder, mace, paprika

It was a good combo!

mmmmm....that looks yummy. I bet that would be great with some seafood too...almost like a chowder

Agreed! Had some for lunch today, and it was even better after having sat in the fridge to let the flavors mingle. Also brought out the heat a bit. Admittedly, this is more of a cold-weather type of soup, but since I had the fresh peppers and an idea, went for it. Now plotting for the demise (use) of all the other pods in my "garden" - already plan to candy or dry some of them, but also want to try things like the soup - start noodling what flavors might go with each pepper flavor, and wing it from there.

Have good ventilation if you candy inside. I candied some last year inside and it took 3 days until my breathing got back to normal.

I did a bit of candying last year, and actually didn't find it to be a problem. Can't remember if that's because all the windows were open or not, though.....

For the soup, think I'll add spinach both for flavor and color next time I make it.

Well, had a thunderstorm here yesterday, followed by more rain last night and a promise of more rain tonight. Some of the girls are a little worse for the wear. Ah well. Such is life sometimes. On the other hand, more pods are ripening, including my first brown pod - whoohoo!

Hope your plants make it through, too. We're not south of Jersey, but we do have flooding in the area - blurgh!

Back