• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Its in the smoke

bowhunter said:
My grill is made out of 16in O.D. by 39in L.fire box is 16in O.D.by18in L.My smoker looks just like OJ Charcoal smoker. when the blizzard stops I will go out and see how far down from the top of the grill the box is set at.If there is any thind you want me to check PM me and I will do my best to help.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Thanks Dan. The aperture size is also something I'd like to know.

DevilDuck said:
Searing will help for grilling, but if you smoke venison, there's really no fat content to run through the meat in order for the meat to stay moist...hence the bacon.

Joe, all I have to say is "low and slow". When I do a brisket, the temp of the smoker is right around 225F at the most. I also keep in on there much longer than 5 hours, but I usually get the whole brisket, not a butchers cut. Mine usually run about 16+ hours.

If you like pulled pork, it's about the easiest thing to do. Let me know when you're doing one, and I'll see if I have any of my Nuclear Scurvy hot sauce to sent ya. It pairs perfectly with a pulled pork sandwich.

Oh-- I can give you some advice on smoking it too!

I really appreciate it . Like I have said this is fun only thing is I trying to figure out which cow I wanna butcher and which old biddy hen is next to go

bowhunter said:
My grill is made out of 16in O.D. by 39in L.fire box is 16in O.D.by18in L.My smoker looks just like OJ Charcoal smoker. when the blizzard stops I will go out and see how far down from the top of the grill the box is set at.If there is any thind you want me to check PM me and I will do my best to help.
Dan

LET IT BURN

Thanks I may hollor at ya if I run in problems. lol Like the first time I grilled on another propane grill I did some ribs and it was a desaster I came in and didn't set the flame on low Well my kids came in and said it was smoking really bad I said it be alright. Well I finally got up and checked them out and they were done in a flat 15 minutes So done it was crisppppppyyyyyy like bacon :lol: Put it this way since then I never leave the grill till its done. What was bad the dog wouldn't even touch the it lol thanks

Back