• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

It's Powder Time

Cutting up a bunch of pods to smoke. 

A buddy just dropped off some Plum and Orange tree wood along with some jack daniels barrel chips. 

Debating on what to smoke with what. 

Leaning toward plum or orange with some thai peppers. 

I already make labels for plum smoked El Scorponero but kind of leaning toward cherry now. Would hate to waste a bunch of my favorite cross on a wood i'm not sure about. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Just did 10 pounds of red jals in the smoker, smells so good!

My nose burns so bad right now

Mix of D3 goat smoking over cherry. 

mt0anly.jpg

I just gave out half my jalapenos. I really need to smoke some for use in rubs. 

D3monic said:

My nose burns so bad right now

That reminds me of the time about 4 years ago when I put some spare naga chillis in the spice grinder, and then thought it would be a good idea to open the lid immediately after they turned to powder. Red clouds of death then decided to pour out of the spice grinder and coat everything in a thin dusty film of pain, making everyone wheeze, before getting whisked up into the computer and pedestal fan...

Lesson learned - leave the spice grinder alone for about 5 minutes before opening!

Lazer said:

That reminds me of the time about 4 years ago when I put some spare naga chillis in the spice grinder, and then thought it would be a good idea to open the lid immediately after they turned to powder. Red clouds of death then decided to pour out of the spice grinder and coat everything in a thin dusty film of pain, making everyone wheeze, before getting whisked up into the computer and pedestal fan...

Lesson learned - leave the spice grinder alone for about 5 minutes before opening!

Yea i've learned that lesson the hard way as well. With a moruga x reaper cross. Nuked the whole house. My wife just ran out the kitchen screaming I fcking hate you! I fcking hate you!

I ordered some more test tubes as I prefer them to the spice jars. More portable. Can easily stick one in your pocket going out to dinner or make the wife keep one in her purse. (Or one in all her purses in my case) also some shrink bands for the vials to keep them sealed during shipping ect.

If i'd quite giving them away i'd actually be starting to have a nice collection going. 

VNgnMMY.jpg

I really prefer the vials over jars. They are much more portable and you look like a mad chemist sprinkling it on your food at a restaurant. Ordered some new vials, on left. New lids fit much tighter than the other style. Size is nice to slide into a pocket/purse or keep in the cars console. 

0XgXA2y.jpg

Downside to vials is the labels don't adhere very well to the curvature. Need to look into options to alleviate that. 

0XgXA2y.jpg

They stick a little better to new style but not much

EbX4bYK.jpg

D3monic said:
The current collection, powders  in  center  are  my personal reserve

8qwhao5.jpg

Now that is a beautiful picture! Right up there with pics of fresh pods.
I prefer powder that I make with my coffee grinder , but I like the look and texture of the flakes more.
What do you use to flake the dried pods.?

karoo said:

Now that is a beautiful picture! Right up there with pics of fresh pods.
I prefer powder that I make with my coffee grinder , but I like the look and texture of the flakes more.
What do you use to flake the dried pods.?
I hand crush them in a mason jar

current stock list,  lots more in the dehydrator atm too. 

Shakers                                           Quantity
 Cherry Smoked D3 Goat                      3
Plum Smoked SB7J                              2
Cherry Smoked El Scorponero             5
Alder Smoked Scotch Brain                  2
Plum Smoked Thai Peppers                 2

Vials                                                Quantity

Plum Smoked White bullet hab.             2
Plum SMoked Whtie Bhut                      4
Plum Smoked El Scorponero Orange   4
Cherry Smoked papa dreadie bonnet    1
Cherry Smoked El scorponero              8
Cherry Smoked  D3 Goat Yellow          4
Cherry Smoked D3 Goat Orange          1
Cherry Smoked D3 Goat mix phenos    8

Currently In the works

Plum Smoked Orange Thai
Plum Smoked Yaki red
Alder Smoked El  Scorponero 
Pequin x goatsweed (still deciding wood. Maybe Oak)

D3monic said:
How do you guys do your smaller peppers, de seed them for a bazillion hours or do you just dry them and grind seeds and all? I was thinking about maybe drying and then crushing through a wire strainer. Not sure how well that would work to separate the seeds though. 

I have gotten to the point that I save what seeds I want and the rest get ground with the pods. way too much work and time to separate even on a small scale.

Back