• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jackpot!!!

JayT said:
It happened again. Seems this vendor has grown some 25,000 pepper plants (yeah even more than AJ!) and has few outlets for them so they are cheap. There are not many "notable" peppers to choose from, but I happen to like yellow Fataliis, and orange, red and peach habaneros. I asked it they gave a bulk discount, and they said no it is either by the pint or by the box. I said well how much for the box? The guy said well I don't have a whole box left. So I said well how much for that. In the end I got 10 lbs of yellow fataliis for $10. Now to the dehydrator and some powder I will make! AJ how much powder do you think that will make me?

sounds like you hit a gold mine for buying some good chile pods :cool: I wouldnt loose that contact info!

I'd say about 7-10 mrs. dash size spice bottles full of powder.

just a guess, it depends on pod size & if you dry all & not use any pods for other stuff.
I bought those 12 lbs hab/reds & used some for poppers & sauce & gave some away & threw some cuz they were bad but I got 9 bottles of powder from what I ground up (bottles might be a tad bigger than mrs dash bottles ?

Back