• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Operation Pods" 2013 is a Mission Complete

Well THP, its that time of the year again. I've been anxiously awaiting to give life to these seeds that we all cherish so much. This year I'm gonna focus most of my grow towards Scotch Bonnets, with 14 different strains. Also have a few Supers and 7's with a few others as well. I still have 3 plants that have been overwintering and still doing good after another cutback and a bonide treatment for aphids. Heres the list :party:

Bonnets
MoA Scotch Bonnet
SB Orange
Jamaica SB
FDA Bonnet
Costa Rican Yellow
Trinidad SB Red
Squash Pepper
Jamaican SB Montego
Jamaican Red
SB Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Yellow
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Bonnet Bell

The 7's

Bubblegum 7
7 Pod Orange
Romy's Yellow 7 (OP)
7 Pod Jonah
Brainstrain Yellow
7 Pot Primo (from Primo)
Cappy BrainStrain Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Other Supers

Bhut Brown
Bhut Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Impact F-1
Black Naga
TS Morouga (Bakers Peppers)
Douglah x Butch T
Romy's Douglah (OP)
Chocolate TS
Butch T Mississippi Strain (from Butch T)

Others

Fish Pepper
Caribbean Red
Red Trinidad Hab
Trinidad Perfume
Turks Cap
Pointsetta
Maui Purple
Black Pearl
Biker BIlly Jal
White Hab
Fatalii (GURU)
Hawaiin Sweet Hot
Ancient Pepper
Mini Sweet Bell
Goats Weed
Pepper Mania Myster seed.

Jalapeno, Scotch Bonnet, Butch T
20130102_214301.jpg

I soaked seeds on 12/31/12 and sewed into Burpee coconut fiber pellets on 1/1/13.
20121231_170723.jpg

20130102_214138.jpg

I had started one Fatalii plant earlier not sure what day, probably around 12/15/12.
20130102_214221.jpg

Thats it for now guys. Can't wait til an update!

bump

Hope that birgits isn't for the tallest plant contest! You just bushed it. :)

Thanks for da bump mon! It was for the growdown :banghead: That thing was stretching everyday too. Kinda sucks lol. I was like :doh: when I did that. I threw the top in some rooting gel and stuck it in some soil. We'll see what it does.

Nice shots of the plants brother. That birgit. I'd put it in root plug and clone it :). MoA looks like they rocking

Thanks Denniz! I did exactly that. I honestly thought to myself " I know Denniz would clone this thing". Funny you said that.

That manzano has some healthy lookin' fuzzy symmetrical heart shaped leaves! Que linda Ellie! She's precious!

What up SteveO! It really is a nice looking seedling. Thanks for the comment. Ellie is too cute man, she's my heart brotha!

Boat load of great shots, dem looking lush and wonderful ... love that MoA look! Beautiful looking Ellie too :)

Walking Good, how goes it brudda? Thanks to Steve again for them MoA seeds, everybody's pretty much look the same so far, which is awesome! Ellie says thanks you Ramon! I love her dearly!

looking good, as always. Going to have a jungle soon:P

Thanks man, glad your stickin around. You said your from up by LaCrosse eh? I hunt in Mondovi in Buffalo County so I'm up there lots during hunting season. The jungle is the plan Stan. Gonna have boatloads of pods this year!

Your daughter is darling! Thanks for the smile! My daughter turn 15 on last monday, but i still remember those days. :)

Jason, thank you very much. Its amazing how fast they grow. I also have a 5 year old boy and it seems like just yesterday he was born. I loathe the day my daughter turns that age. I'm glad to put a smile on your face man, shes the love of my life!

Looking great man! Your plants look like there happy as hell!
Jamison, I must admit you have talent! I just found your glog and did some quick browsing, and will come back for more. Too many glog's and not enough of me:)

Your plants look way happy!

Keep up the good work and here's to warmer weather and dirt day for you!

Scott

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words!

Time for a little update. Things are about the same over here. Still waiting for spring to poke its head out here in SE Wisconsin. The plants are for surely starting to get crowded and probably root bound, but I have no more lights for em. Cmon spring!

Naga Viper that got topped and pruned a week or so ago. THis thing just wants to grow, grow, grow!

Maui Purple flowers

Some Golden Cayenne's from DocBrent. Mutants?

Sorry blurry photo. But I got a couple of ripe Jals finally. THings seemed like they took about 2 months to come into fruition and ripen. Funny thing is too they were really hot for Jals, and super sweet.

Now, somebody send me some of that warm weather, please :pray:

Great updates, Jamison!

Lovin' all the buds in the first set of photos...and D'oh! on the Birgit's ;)

Ellie...very cute. Congrats!

It's funny about your Jals. My first few to ripen have been just like that: no heat and sweet like fruit. Weird, but not all bad.

Crazy about those Golden Cayennes. Maybe they got irradiated by the USPS? ;)

Everything else looks stellar and ready to go outside. Now just waiting on the weather! Keep it up, bro!

I'm wondering if those doubles will continue, I've seen a few and they were just on the first or second set. Plants looking good!

Its amazing how fast they grow. I also have a 5 year old boy and it seems like just yesterday he was born.

Before you know it hey will be asking for the car keys! Enjoy as much as you can :P

The wife loves your Maui purple flowers. Your grow is really kickin some ass. How is the summer in SE Wisconsin?! Bet them plants want to find out. Between your ripe jals and the fact I ran across some jal seeds that WalkGood gifted me, I have decided to start a few for the ole girl....and myself. I meant to ask you the source of the Hp22b seeds you gifted me. Out of the 5 seeds, one Hp22b seedling has out grown every chile seedling I have ever started, ever. It's a moose.

If you get that delivery... don't forget to pass it on! ;)
I hear ya about running out of room bro'. Things are looking good though.

Thanks Sticky! I'll surely try to my friend. Looks like next week we might be in the clear. Highs in the low 60's, but we'll see about that. The saying around here is "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it'll change." Thanks for checkin in bud!

Im blowing air in that direction. Hope it makes it.
Serious growth! You are going to be more than ready when its time!

Hey it worked for a couple days. Throw a fan on permanently for me would ya! You must have stopped ;)

Great updates, Jamison!

Lovin' all the buds in the first set of photos...and D'oh! on the Birgit's ;)

Ellie...very cute. Congrats!

It's funny about your Jals. My first few to ripen have been just like that: no heat and sweet like fruit. Weird, but not all bad.

Crazy about those Golden Cayennes. Maybe they got irradiated by the USPS? ;)

Everything else looks stellar and ready to go outside. Now just waiting on the weather! Keep it up, bro!

Hey Doc! Thanks for stoppin in. Looks like the next set of leaves on the GC are coming out right. I know about the Birgits, that thing could have been about 2' tall about now the way I was stretching it. :mope:

I think i looked at those yellow cayennes like four times here before i noticed the leaf shapes. Now im am like duhhh!

I'm laughing at you right now :rofl:

Cool...wonder if they're an unstable cross. Two double leaves, kinda strange. Plants are looking fan-freaking-tastic! Did I spy a Goat's Weed in the fifth photo? Perfect looking plants my man...

Don't know. They were super fresh seeds from DocBrent. I think he only dried em for the weekend and shipped em right away, don't know if that has something to do with it. Probably just genetics. Thanks for the kind words Shane, from the growmaster himself :party:

My first Jals to ripen were little heat, then from the second batch on it came out very nice, congrats on dem. Everything looks ready to explode once outside, hope you get some hot weather ^_^

Must have read that wrong, they were HOT for Jals. Super sweet like sugar. I hope we get some decent weather too. The hot can stay down by you, I'll take 60's and 70's. Anything hotter than that is for the birds mon! Now I'm gettin picky eh? Tanks fer de stop mon!

I'm wondering if those doubles will continue, I've seen a few and they were just on the first or second set. Plants looking good!

Before you know it hey will be asking for the car keys! Enjoy as much as you can :P

Hey Devv, I think they are gonna stop from here on out. We'll see though. I don't mind her asking for the keys as much as I'm gonna mind her asking to bring her boy friend over! Seems about the right time to clean some guns I think ;)

The wife loves your Maui purple flowers. Your grow is really kickin some ass. How is the summer in SE Wisconsin?! Bet them plants want to find out. Between your ripe jals and the fact I ran across some jal seeds that WalkGood gifted me, I have decided to start a few for the ole girl....and myself. I meant to ask you the source of the Hp22b seeds you gifted me. Out of the 5 seeds, one Hp22b seedling has out grown every chile seedling I have ever started, ever. It's a moose.

SteveO! Funny, my wife said they were pretty too. Women, lol. Plant them up man, can't have enough Jalapeno's brotha! Summers here are very very hot and muggy. Talking high 80's, 90's, once in a while we'll get a couple days over 100. Pretty extreme weather around here. I can't wait to move to TN, although it's gonna be HOT. THe Reapers are from PepperJoe. They are some growers for sure! I have like 3 maybe 4 going and they aren't scared to spread their wings. Need to see a pic of that guy!

Plants look really good. Nice jump for the short northern season,you will be harvesting late june/early july.

Thanks Pson! Def got ahead of the game this year. Have buds on almost every plant already. Still have a couple weeks til they get outside, but I like the sounds of an early harvest! I have some family out by you that live in Irwin. I love Pittsburgh, been there many times man! Funny enough I don't like the Packers either, I'm a Steelers fan lol.

Back