• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Jamison's "Red Dirt Grow" PLANTOUT 5/4/14

It's that time of year again, although a couple weeks behind. I just arrived in Tennessee, moving from Wisconsin not even two weeks ago. The fam and I are all settled in and I'm officially ready to start some seeds! Being in a completely different part of the country, and growing in completely different soil than I'm used to, I still have high hopes. I'm sure I'll be able to whip a garden into shape in no time. I'm def gonna have to get out there very soon and till a large plot. Enough blabberin, I'll get to a list. I'll also list the seed source if I'm sure of where I got them. Seeds are going to soak in distilled water for 20-24 hours starting tonight or tomorrow morning and most will be put into Rapid Rooters soaked in a weak solution of Kangaroots and water, and a few in soil with a heat mat underneath the germ tray. I have a few Manzanos sprouted already, a couple Rennie clones, and a White Devils Tongue sprouted and working on it's first true set of leaves. I'll try to fill this with as much useful info, pics, and hopefully vids as I can. Thanks for checkin this out!

Added 1/21/14:

Brown Moruga - PepperLover
7 Pod Lava - PepperLover
Pink Tiger - Denniz via Enrico
Yaki Blue - Denniz via Enrico

Annuum:

Hungarian Hot Wax - Grocery Store find
Serrano
Jalapeno "Cracked" - PepperLover
Giant Jalapeno - PepperLover
Urfa Biber - Buckeye Peppers
Bells > Red, Yellow, Orange
Goat's Weed - from my 2013 grow

Chinense:

7 Pots:
White - PepperLover
Yellow - PepperLover
Bubblegum - Bjarnes, CMPMAN
Primo - Pepper Lover, and from saved seeds from my 2013 grow
Large Red - PepperLover
Original - PepperLover
SR Strain - RFC
Rennie Red - Cloned from last years plant
Rennie Brown - Buckeye Peppers

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw - Bakers via Fatalii.net
Chocolate Scorpion - from my 2013 grow
Red Bhut Jolokia - PepperLover
White Bhut Jolokia - Coheed
Bhut Orange Copenhagen - GaGrowhead
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp - RFC
Moruga Caramel - JungleRain
Moruga Chocolate - JungleRain
Carolina Reaper - from my 2013 grow
MoA Scotch Bonnet - from my 2013 grow
Bahamian Goat - JungleRain
Jamaican Hab - Walkgood
Habanero Cappuccino - JungleRain
Primo x Chocolate Hab - JungleRain
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet - AjiJoe
White Devil's Tongue - GaGrowhead
Red Habanero - Buckeye Peppers
Trinidad Congo Red - Buckeye Peppers

Frutescens:
Thai Orange - Buckeye Peppers

Pubescens:
Manzano - Seed Train (Arkennon?)

While the Yaki Blues look so great (as does OSU blue) that Carmel Moruga is, as everybody has stated: :twisted: and just gorgeous. Pink Tiger too! Nice coloring up!--see, the heat has an upside at least! So sorry about roof-work, Jamison. 3rd summer in Austin, was used to painting 2 storied houses in "Historic Hyde Park"--yeah riiiiiiiight, lol. But 110 on ground in summer was 130 near roofs, scraping, painting fascias/soffits and wondering "Now what's not historic about vinyl siding?" Now, no heat bothers me. (But then may still have heat stroke and not know it.) Coming back here for visits in August felt COLD. Scott's so on about sidewalks still being hot at night in those parts! So . . . could be worse different! GREAT GROW, Jamison and for Pete'sake man, hope you get that riding mower, ASAP. Glad folks have welcomed you: the "Yankee" bit wears off a bit after "a piece."  ;)

Thanks boys!  
@ Rick,  I pulled the seeds out of a grocery store pepper last year labeled H. Hot Wax.  I didn't think it looked like one either.  They are really sweet with little heat.  Tasty popper peppers to say the least.

Serrano

Giant Jalapeno

Goats Weed

Blurry pic but it's an Orange Bell,  super, super sweet.

Another Caramel Moruga

Not so Yellow 7Pot

Caramel BB7's :party:

Chocolate Moruga

Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw

That's 10 again.  Need another bump!

bumpit_zpsde8531d7.jpg

Have you sampled your Jigsaw yet Jamison?

No I haven't tried one yet Rick.  I absolutely will soon tho.

chile_freak said:
bump!
beautiful pods!
:fireball:
Thanks bud!

Chocolate Scorpion

White Bhut Jolokia

Chocolate Scotch Bonnet

Red Congo,  blurry pic sorry.

Pink Tigers

Bhut Orange Copenhagen.  Very tasty pods for sure.  Will be growing these from here on out.  Pulled seeds out of pods Ga Growhead sent me last year.

Yaki Blue

Brown Moruga

A pull from the other week.

So what you are saying is, this "Red Dirt" that we complain too much about is actually awesome for growing stuff?  SWEET!!  HAHA, great stuff Jamison.

JJJessee said:
You sure hit the ground runnin' when you landed in Tennessee!
Congrats on a smooth transfer. Moving that many zones is not a sure shot of growing success.
Looks like you slam dunked it though. ^5
Thanks TripleJ!  I appreciate the kind words bud!

sp33d said:
Seriously man that right there is some beatiful colors from the rainbow and all your pods looks so tasty..awesome pull broham....just awesome!!!!!!!!....
Thanks man!  Lots of color in there for sure.  Appreciate you stoppin by!

millworkman said:
So what you are saying is, this "Red Dirt" that we complain too much about is actually awesome for growing stuff?  SWEET!!  HAHA, great stuff Jamison.
This red dirt ain't so bad!  Now if I could only keep all the weeds out of the garden I'd be a happy man!  Thanks for checkin in man!

Back