• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Jay T's Sausage Party

Ok so its not THAT kind of party. We made a bunch of sausage with everything from deer to moose to pork to chicken. There were hot sausages, brats, italian, cajun, and buffalo chicken with bleu cheese. Whilst we ground all the meat and stuffed all the casings, I cooked us up quite a bbq meal. It included pork butt, smoked ham, grilled chicken, deer steaks, moose steaks, some of the sausages, and corn on the cobb. Oh and about 7 30-packs of Keystone Light. Here's some of the piccys. Camera battery died. I would have loved to get a few pics of the empties that were all over the place including about 50 in the neighbor's yard! This evolved into kind of a block party.

100_9387.jpg

100_9259.jpg

100_9386.jpg

100_9265.jpg

100_9388.jpg

100_9394.jpg

100_9391.jpg

100_9397.jpg

100_9399.jpg

Sounds good! too bad there aren't any more pics.

I kinda wondered the other day how would a seafood sausage would taste like. I think that's something to experiment with.

Like Omri said, wish there had been more pics. My camera died. I didn't realize I didn't even get hardly any of the grilling pics. There were four kinds of steaks that we kind of turned into pit beef after they were smoked and grilled. There was also a whole grill full of sausage. Damn batteries.

Here's the steak after it was cooked and before it was sauced.

100_9398.jpg

Oh and one more of the pork butt, check out the smoke ring.

100_9396.jpg

So you played with your sausage all day? Yeah, I guess I've had those days before...

That being said, that stuff looked delicious. You guys sure no how to party it up out east! :dance:

Amazing how word gets out in the neighborhood - fire up the smoker and sure as heck some buddies arrive - Good times

A damn shame I haven't had the privilege to be at one of Jay's soiree's. I would surely help out with the cookin' and make a fool of my 'sef. Any 'thang Jay is first class. Trust me I know.

Funny how some pics are missing from this sausage fest :lol:

A damn shame I haven't had the privilege to be at one of Jay's soiree's. I would surely help out with the cookin' and make a fool of my 'sef. Any 'thang Jay is first class. Trust me I know.

You know, all the empty case boxes reminded me of something I had seen before. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Now I've got it! :beer:

I can tell you for true that Jay makes a mean fajita. So good we skipped the tortilla and fixin's and ate just the meat. It was THAT good!

I think I just grew a third testicle checking out your sausage fest. That there be MANLY food. Nice work. Hope something ended up in the TD.

Some snausage party. It was 3 months ago and we're still talking about it.

: runs off to fridge to root around for leftover jalapeno keilbasa :

Back