• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Jay's Ghost Scorpion - Joyner's Hot Pepper

Joyner thats an extremely cool looking pod! Let me know if you still have some seeds available after everybody else gets theirs. Thanks man!

Quick update, 10/03/2012 - The first ripe pod is the ONLY pod without a tail. I plan to give it a taste test later tonight. Below are a few pictures.

gs1.jpg

gs2.jpg

gs3.jpg

gs4.jpg

gs5.jpg

Sadly it is getting cool and many of the plants have leaves turning yellow with the cooler weather. Fingers crossed that the pods keep pumping out!

Sadly it is getting cool and many of the plants have leaves turning yellow with the cooler weather. Fingers crossed that the pods keep pumping out!

Yeah, this is my first year growing and I am still learning (weather, soil, etc.). I've noticed that some of my plants have started to turn yellow-ish and aren't producing anymore flowers. Hopefully yours make it. :) Good luck!

So, the first ripe one was perhaps overripe. I picked it red and the inside was rotten. I picked an all orange/red one today. Suffice to say this pod is hot and it tastes great to me. Not bitter, a little sweet and similar to a naga or ghost for me. When I sliced the pod in 1/2 there was no less that 5 or 6 drops on the plate and I could pour out 4 or 5 more. Completely wet on the inside. Enough talk, here are the pictures!

gs6.jpg
gs7.jpg

gs8.jpg
gs9.jpg

Dood. Sweet photos. Those look great! I'm not sure, but are the walls on that a little thicker than the Bhut Jolokia by itself?

Nice work Joyner. :)

Thanks, at first glance I think the walls are a tad thicker but I will do a side by side to be sure. I was happy there were seeds inside! I should be able to spread a few around in a week or so..

Thanks, at first glance I think the walls are a tad thicker but I will do a side by side to be sure. I was happy there were seeds inside! I should be able to spread a few around in a week or so..

That would be cool! I'm still a noob grower...would this be considered an F1 then?

That would be cool! I'm still a noob grower...would this be considered an F1 then?
I am not sure where it is on the 'F' scale. It is from Jay at Meadow View Farms in PA. I was lucky enough to come across the plant this spring after I lost a bunch due to a few back to back storms. I am going to grow it out again next year and also will try to over-winter this plant.

Great pics! It would be real cool if that shape was stable, I guess we'll see. I'm sure it can be done, if not this generation in the next 2. Looking forward to any more updates, that placenta does look very thick. Glad it yielded a good number of seeds.

Back