• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest JayT vs. zdecker

Status
Not open for further replies.
4cfdeb58.jpg

Something is lurking inside this corn.

1efb2ef5.jpg

6582a842.jpg

05f5896b.jpg

Off the grill and under the foil to let the juices settle.

52f372c7.jpg

Juices flowing...time to plate it all up....after I microwave a hot dog!

Loading JayT.......................

...............ERROR 404. JayT not found.

Please Re-type your T-down search and try again.

Ok..here we go. Comfort food with 2 sides. Comfort food is very broad, but to me it's summertime with friends/family and always included grilled meat, potatoes, and some kind of veggie.

Comfort in Columbus(Ohio)...

9dfa81da.jpg

7c276423.jpg

Grilled and marinated Flank Steak with White Cheddar and Chipotle mashed potatoes and Bacon wrapped corn on the cob.

Flank steak rub:

Garlic
Pepper
Ghost pepper salt
Worcestershire
Parsley
Habanero sugar
Onion powder
Red wine vinegar
Smoked paprika
Hot sauce(cholula)
Olive oil

Taters:
Russet
Garlic
Sharp white cheddar cheese
Cream
Chipotle chiles with adobo sauce
Butter
Salt n pepper

Corn:

Florida sweet corn on the cob
Bacon
Pirates Bite seasoning- birds eye, habanero, scotch bonnet, datil, chipotle, and cayenne peppers, sea salt, coriander, cumin, and fennel.

Edit: Corn was cleaned of silks, soaked for 30 min in water to prevent burning on the grill (even though it still did). Wrapped corn with bacon and covered with peeled back corn husks. Tied the end with butchers string and onto the grill for 25 minutes.

No baby seals were harmed in the making of this dish.

I love meat and taters... cheesy spicy mashers to boot... chili marinated flank (cooked perfectly) ... seasoned bacon corn. To the eye it looks like nice innocent comfort food but you kicked it up about 10 nothches without any fancy foo foo, now that's comfort food! I say congrats sir, this will be VERY hard to beat!

Plenty of leftovers if anybody is in the area. For some reason I also smoked 4 chix leg quarters today. Good sandwiches for a few days I guess?

JayT is bringing the drama. Who knew?!

I'm struggling to stay up for this awesomeness that I'm sure will come!
"...and the rookie from Alllabama (I mean Ohio) has the Champ on the ropes! Where is JayT? Where is da Champ? Time is running out!"

:eek: :pray: :scared:

"...The Referee, THP is counting down..."

"....FOUR! FIVE! SIX!...." :shocked:

"...and what about the baby seals? Can they be saved in time too?" :mope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back