• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders 2014 GLOG

As of now here is the somewhat final list for the 2014 growing season...the 7 pot red has a question mark because I am waiting to see if I can use a 1/2 acre in Va of my uncles and isolate. It is very hard to leave over 100 different varieties in the seed bin and not grow them all out!

Best of luck to everyone and I plan to get seeds started in the next few days.

2-4 Update

1606319_729869363713459_2075352250_o.jpg

1412626_729869370380125_1925485346_o.jpg

1891399_729869357046793_1274208774_o.jpg

1898814_729869427046786_1186962342_o.jpg

So what a wonderful morning, one of the T5's decides to come unclipped from the hood and fall onto 4 of my plants. As if this year had not sucked enough as evidenced by the lack of pictures and updates...

Time to start a few over...good thing they were species I had more than one of to start with.

Dang.... at least they didnt bust and spread murcury all over everything... or start a fire.  Everything else looks great though man.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
True, could have been much worse. At least I only had to restart a few plants. 

Glad It wasn't too bad, I dropped my fixture on 4-6 of mine in October and crushed them. Best of luck on the restart and I hope the rest of your grow continues going well.

How are things doing for you Chris? Are your babies doing OK? I got some red and orange Thai varieties started this spring, and I'm looking forward to making some curry pastes to freeze when they ripen. Cheers!

3-5-14 Update about 9 weeks until plant out

7 Pot Brown

1.JPG

7 Pot Burgundy

3.JPG

Carolina Reaper

13.JPG

Douglah x Chocolate Scorpion

14.JPG

Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red

21.JPG

Naga Morich

27.JPG

Jalapeno Giant

40.JPG

Thai Black

44.JPG

Thai Prik York

56.JPG

Thai Yellow

60.JPG

Looks like almost all the plants recovered and have started growing again. I replanted the few lost due to light accident.

Thanks for dropping by!

Datil said:
Everything looks great, nice Thai list!

Good luck

Datil
Thanks Datil! Thai is one of my favorite and most versatile peppers to use in cooking. 
stickman said:
How are things doing for you Chris? Are your babies doing OK? I got some red and orange Thai varieties started this spring, and I'm looking forward to making some curry pastes to freeze when they ripen. Cheers!
Doing much better now Rick, thanks for asking. The season started off badly due to our winter and my normal grow area being much colder than previous seasons. I was not as prepared as needed and paid the price for a short while. You will love the Thai!

Looking good! Looks like they are all on the fast track now.

I probably missed it somewhere, but what medium did you use when you repotted?

Back