• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

Chris, Ihope you and your family have a Happy 4th of July weekend!

Thanks for answering all of my questions.

Looks like the picture dam finally broke in a big way... those are some really nice looking pods Chris! I'm glad things are turning around for you after the "vigorous" weather you've been experiencing. :)

stickman said:
Looks like the picture dam finally broke in a big way... those are some really nice looking pods Chris! I'm glad things are turning around for you after the "vigorous" weather you've been experiencing. :)
Thanks Rick!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Hopefully you get some soon! All 3 of my plants are spitting them out currently but nothing ripe yet. 

hopefully, my primos finally started to throw some runts, it's just the reapers and jays peach scorpions that are way behind the rest the plants. Jays peach was one I really want to use in a cross as well. Such pretty pods. 

D3monic said:

hopefully, my primos finally started to throw some runts, it's just the reapers and jays peach scorpions that are way behind the rest the plants. Jays peach was one I really want to use in a cross as well. Such pretty pods. 
Yes they are, mine are really gnarly this year for damn sure! Looking forward to getting the first one ripe. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:

Harvested any tomatillos yet? Mine are doing great. Peppers and tomatoes aren't all that fond of the excessive rain this year but the tomatillos love it. Got a good amount about to get made into a verde sauce sometime this week.

Mine are around 6 feet tall these days. Yours look about the same.

Jeff H said:
Harvested any tomatillos yet? Mine are doing great. Peppers and tomatoes aren't all that fond of the excessive rain this year but the tomatillos love it. Got a good amount about to get made into a verde sauce sometime this week.

Mine are around 6 feet tall these days. Yours look about the same.
Hopefully you or Chris can help....how do you know when the tomatillos are supposed to be picked?

First time growing them for me.

Back