• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

just a question

chuk hell said:
Beautiful post man.

...sniff....

I've often thought while eating a really well made extra hot curry - it's a romance with the heat. With hot peppers there's wham, bam, thankyou burn a few layers off your tongue & then theres a seductive well designed creeper, lures you in to eating more before the realization that your ear wax is melting & why are you sweating anyway that curry didn't taste hot?

Romance wise - I must have had my beer goggles on when I wrote that post...don't even remember typing it. :lol: speaking of which...I'm sure they (goggles)are on now. Curse that discount O.P Kentucky Bourbon. Then again, I think I'll have another :)

tinner666 said:
Well. When it comes to a $5.00 bottle, versus a $20.00 bottle, the $20.00 will last MUCH longer.

yea but this has nothing to do with collectables.
& you're right that $20 extract sauce would last alot longer, heck it would last YEARS since I would NEVER use it or eat that CRAP!!
I eat/use hot sauce because I like the chiles & their flavor, extract sauces are only about getting the insane heat :( which taste like crap! & if you want something that burns your mouth that bad w/o flavour then open wide :lol:
if I wanted more heat to something I'm cooking I'll just add more fresh hot chiles/crushed chiles/hot sauce since these dont ruin the flavour of stuff, plus I like to eat hot sauces on just chips/crackers to enjoy the flavour of the chiles & get heat, extract sauces you cant truely do this & enjoy the heat & flavour (which is nasty)

so yea I'll buy 20 $5 bottles of hot sauces & use them up fast vs even thinking about buying 1 bottle of extract sauce!

I agree Defcon's sauces which use extract but have great flavor. I usually don't like extract sauces for the reasons Chilehunter gave is I like the tastes of peppers & the heat & flavor they give.

But like all things there are exceptions and Defcon is the exception his sauces are great.

I like about all types of peppers.

Mick
Kato's

ok ok I'll have to buy some of Defcon sauces, plus all the other members here & their hot sauces. but it'll be awhile since I just bought several more bottles today (but I WILL get around to trying all of your hot sauces), plus I'm not a big fan on buying hot sauces w/o knowing whats inside them since theres some ingredients I DO NOT WANT because I think they're just nasty in hot sauce & capsicum extract/oil is one of those ingredients I see I'll put the bottle down & look at others.

Back