• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Just got jalepeno Peppers

Hey just went out looking for a few peppers for some recipes I pulled off of here.. Couldn't find them in such a short notice. The peppers I was looking for was the Habenaro pepper and Naga..

Any how I did get some nice Jalapeno peppers.. So I need some Jalepeno's

Thread moved. Please pay attention to where you are posting, thanks.

I assume you want a recipe?

Okay first decide if you want sauce or salsa :D

Next, post the ingredients you bought, and any other ingredients you have that you like and want to add.

I have lemon juice. All kinds of spices including red pepper flakes.. Umm I don't know I have everything but some cheese to make jalapeno poppers.. I would like to make salsa....

I was just looking for maybe some idea's or recipes then I can make what I have the ingredients for..

Simple salsa would be diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, cilantro, salt... make it original with some mango, pineapple, or black beans.

Use Roma tomatoes for the best results, or another plum variety.

ChristopherF said:
I would like to make salsa....

thehotpepper.com said:
Simple salsa would be diced tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lime juice, cilantro, salt... make it original with some mango, pineapple, or black beans.

Use Roma tomatoes for the best results, or another plum variety.

I agree with THP, though it needs more heat than just jalapenos! fresh homemade salsa is far better than canned bought salsa!

ChristopherF said:
Also I have a question can you use.. The dried bagged peppers like you would find in a store in a sauce or salsa?

dried pods would be best used for cooking or hot sauce if softened & cooked enough so you dont feel the rougher texture of the dried pods.

Ok thanks guy's i'll try and look around today see if I can find some hotter peppers.. I went to a few mexican stores even then hottest they had was Jalepeno peppers...

Post your zip code and I'll try to locate peppers for you ;)

ChristopherF said:
Ok thanks guy's i'll try and look around today see if I can find some hotter peppers.. I went to a few mexican stores even then hottest they had was Jalepeno peppers...

This might sound crazy, but try Wal Mart. The one here has fresh habs all the time.

Ok thats cool.. I gotta go around and pay insurance and take my girl to the doctor today so I should be able to get out and look then..

We made one sauce last night but it wasn't hot made it for my friends kids and his dad..

It consisted of

1 block of cream cheese
1 8oz can of diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 roll of spicy sausage

We added some Jalepeno like I said kids was eating it and an old man that never eats spicy food.. So we had to go lite on the hotness.. But i'ma go around and look for some hot peppers we are making our own batch tonight.

Back