• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

Your NM is my rockstar of the whole group:
84eab0ac.jpg

I also have some yellow TS and some fatalii X Savinas. What generation are they? I will make sure to send a few choice pods when they come out for you to use for comparison.

The yellow scorps were sent to me as yellow scorps last year. The Fatalii/red savina cross would be f2's this year.

Note to self:

Last evening on the 15th I dropped aroung 20 more Jimmy Nardello and Fatalii seeds in a hail mary to fight the death of young ones.

I see room for two more trays of peppers at the bottom and one more at the second to last shelf. :cool:

Other than that looking sweet.

Jamie

Today I changed the lights from 20 on/4 off to 17 on/7 off. Have to slow growth since there is still a month left.

this thread has given me some great ideas for next year.

Question: do you have space to grow all of these or do you share the wealth with your friends? That is how i justify my habit to my wife. :)

thanks and keep up the good work.

Looks great Brian. Everything is coming along great. Wont be long before you are gonna need MORE SPACE!
Already do, but working on making it to plant out.

I see room for two more trays of peppers at the bottom and one more at the second to last shelf. :cool:

Other than that looking sweet.

Jamie
Need room to expand height.....this weekend I am adding more screws.

Lookin Goot, The red fatallis are growing great for me as well.
As f2's they are growing good for everyone I believe.

this thread has given me some great ideas for next year.

Question: do you have space to grow all of these or do you share the wealth with your friends? That is how i justify my habit to my wife. :)

thanks and keep up the good work.
Will be giving away 20-30 plants, but the rest are for yummy time. :rofl:

ok so I have issues with this late germination and have come to the conclusion the tray is over saturated. Dug out 2 sections completely and put in new starter mix, dampened it, and laid around 30 more Fatalii and then 15-20 more Nards. The others have been in over 2 weeks which is longer then all the others(except Tepin) took to pop.

So, 3-31-12 more seeds for Nard and Fatalii in re-soiled sections.

Plants are looking good Brian
My chocolate hab plant is starting to load up I will send you some pods soon.

Jamie

Went up to my buddy Andy's to check on the Barrackpores I gave him seeds for to start for me. Realized while there I have come very close to being where I want to be like he is. Nutes have got me on target. But there was bad news while there. While on vacation in Jamaica he had his son come bottom water with his premixed blue Miracle Grow water he bottled up. Unfortunately he had left an unmarked bottle of windshield washer fluid in his shop near the quart jugs of blue watering solution. 18 Barrackpores and a bunch of his jalapenos all gone. Glad I saved some of the seeds. They will be for next year. Was going to be this years just for fun and to pass around/spread the love in 5 gallon buckets pepper, well there is next year.

OUCH!...............kinda been there myself. It's tough to travel or vacation until the plants are in the ground and even so.....there's always a worry about leaving the plants in the summer unless theres someone to hover over them.

Back