• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Justaguy's 2012 Garden Season

Coming from 2011
http://www.thehotpep...n/page__st__440

About a month earlier then last year and this year I have a place in case I need to pot up.

First I got the germ bed set up and temps stabilized. Left to right go 82° - 87° - 83°

100_1506.jpg

Next I took my old light racks

100_1493.jpg

Slid one over and added a double

100_1494.jpg

Then added a new bulb that hits 6500K to each side to go with the ones from last year

100_1496.jpg

I have to get the bottom shelf done and then i will put up pics to show how the 2 lights differ and IMO will be good.

This year I will have less total plants, but more varieties. Lord please save me from this addiction. :rofl:

Initially I plan on 123 in ground and 25 in containers(some to be given away)

25 varieties, 27 strains total. Basically 3 strains of T.S., so 25 varieties.

-Naga Morich/Red 7Pot Cross
-Yellow 7Pot
-Naga Jolokia
-Douglah
-Chocolate Habanero
-Thai Variegated
-Pequin Chiapas
-Brain Strain
-Thai Fire
-Indonesian Chile
-Mystery Seeds from Patrick
-Manzano
-Yellow Scorpion
-Fatalii(true)
-Caribbean Red Habanero
-Jimmy Nardello(sweet)
-Bhut Jolokia(Starting for Melium not for my garden)
-Cumari Do Para
-Naga Morich
-Possible Cross # 3
-Red Savina/Fatalii Cross
-Cumari Ou Passarinho
-Trinidad Scorpion "Butch T" from Alphaeon
-Trinidad Scorpion Mouroga from Pepp3rfreak
-Trinidad Scorpion from pods bought from A.J.
-Tepin
-Black Thai

At a later time I will try to update this list with who they came from if not from my seed stock, the number I plan on planting, and the number I put in to germinate. To be safe I am planning on dropping double in for germination so I will most likely be sending out sprouts again this year.

Hey JaG nice lookin family! You've been busy! I think that plant you got back is going to make a comeback with a fury.

Ok so being neglectful this past weekend and waterfree. UGH. Lost a Thai Fire and a Nard(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!) Had an extra or two Thai Fires. Also lost 2 Morouga Scorpions which I had 5 or so extras of so no worries there.

Then yesterday I get a call from a person I gave some container with indo. chiles in last year. She stopped over and dropped off the buckets. I was expecting 3 plant-less buckets, since i had asked not to dump them. ! still had the plant in. I think with some TLC it should be fine.
Here it is after a good shake and brush of the dead leaves.

100_1624.jpg

and here is why I have hope

100_1625.jpg

Gonna make a raging come back

Ok so the plant above has not changed in looks much but is flowering big time. Going to pluck all buds and change up the nutes. Today is separate and segregate the babies. Full plant out will occur later this week when the expected rain has passed. Yesterday I did plant the front Fatalii bed. Last year I had 14 plants in there. This year only 7(thanks goes to Sethsquatch for the 3 of his that made up for losses I had early on. Will post pics once I take some tonight. Being they are not f1's and more space I hope they will stay to their normal size, but if they get to Pepp3rfreak size who would argue? Not me.

Here is the Fatalii bed out front. The 3 up the middle are one's given to me by Sethsquatch after I lost a few early on and my germination tray got water logged and only one more sprouted but is very small still.

100_1631.jpg

A little walk around back.
Here is some of the bamboo for stakes
100_1632.jpg

Here are the waiting gardens
100_1636.jpg

Babies have been segregated. Woohoo I found a Fatalii I knew was in the jungle somewhere. It is now in that yellow bucket.
100_1637.jpg

And here is this year's deformed baby. She has heart.
100_1638.jpg

And here is what I get to play with while in the back when the garden is all in
100_1635.jpg

That silver maple is supposed to burn well. Awesome fatalii bed man. Should be easier to get in there this year! Gonna be cool to compare yields between those and the bucket.

Do you need a couple fatalii's?

Also let me know if you need some help chopping that wood, even with 5 blown discs I'll chop wood all day as it's fun and great exercise for the arms and shoulders.

Last year.
100_0834.jpg

100_0833.jpg

resulting in massive overcrowding.

This Year.
100_1641.jpg

100_1640.jpg

Only 111 plants in the ground this year. The seven in the front Fatalii bed not shown here. I planned 131, but am happy with them having more space. Hoping the total yield will be higher with little to no over crowding and fighting for the sun.

Looking good. I am sure you will be much happier not being swallowed when you are trying to crawl and harvest with no room to breathe!

Looking good Brian. I see lots of tasty sauce in the near future :drooling:
R&D will be busy come harvest time. :D

I can't believe it. You'll actually be able to walk in there this year! Looks good. Soil feels incredible too.
We will see bro.

Looking good Brian. I'm still loving the bamboo frame! I have a feeling I probably planted mine to close but we shall see.
I am thinking with enough pruning last year I could have went with a one short one tall alternating type thing to increase the yield, but I will never know.

Looking good. I am sure you will be much happier not being swallowed when you are trying to crawl and harvest with no room to breathe!
Oh I had room to breath while crawling. Also took some nice naps in there, but I won't miss it that much.

Looks good Brian! Sorry I didn't get down there to see you and get some stuff.....I have been busy trying to get our yard in order NOW, so we can chill this summer. If you have anything left over, just let me know and I will do my very best to get down to see you this coming week.

Because I am a NOOB, and still learning, what is a F1/F2? I know it has to do with cross breeding plants but not sure what makes a F1 or F2.

Back