• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Kids these days...

I am a foster parent to neglected and abused children. If I leave so much as an aspirin out, and DCF stops by unannounced and sees it, I am all done. License gone, reputation in the shitter. I care for teenagers and not for 4 year olds. I offered my opinion from a different perspective, which I thought this forum was all about, but I was wrong. I never wrote that I would call DCF.

THP told me to STFU and that my opinion was not welcome. Where I'm from, when the Boss says the opinion is void and to STFU, I will no longer post any opinions. Warning points, and all, don't cha know...

Semper Fi.

I am a foster parent to neglected and abused children. If I leave so much as an aspirin out, and DCF stops by unannounced and sees it, I am all done. License gone, reputation in the shitter. I care for teenagers and not for 4 year olds. I offered my opinion from a different perspective, which I thought this forum was all about, but I was wrong. I never wrote that I would call DCF.

THP told me to STFU and that my opinion was not welcome. Where I'm from, when the Boss says the opinion is void and to STFU, I will no longer post any opinions. Warning points, and all, don't cha know...

Semper Fi.

Yo Marine. Go back and reread the thread. THP never said STFU and I have never ever seen him do so. I won't apologize for him. He's a big boy and knows what he wrote but I believe he wrote what he wrote simply to tone down the way the thread was leaning and maybe interject a touch of lighter air into it.

Your opinion is always relevant and important and welcome.

While many of us disagree with each other here on THP, it can easily be forgotten that we are on the internet after all. Having the same conversation in person over a beer I reckon would take on a different and more mellow atmosphere.

Please hang around and as I said, your opinion is always welcome.

Did you get a warning point? Hmmm
Well I for one take all opinions, and apreciate your perspective, USMC.
This particular thread was kind of an innocent occurance, that probably happens 10,000 time per second around the globe.
Please don't stop posting your opinions, because that is what THP is all about.
I particularly like THP, because of it's no snarking policy, which is different than an opinion.
There are always situations where people don't see things the same way, and that's all it is.
I hope you don't take this to personally, and keep posting. I've enjoyed your presence here.
Also, thank you for being a foster parent. You seem like the kind of person that could really give the "unwanted" kids some stability, direction, and safety. Even with all the rules and regs you need to abide by, it's a great thing you are doing.
Also X2, thank you for your military service, it's because of that we can go on THP and voice our opinions. :D

This particular thread was kind of an innocent occurance, that probably happens 10,000 time per second around the globe.

What Scovie said there. Being chilliheads, I think most of us did something of equal value to this when we were kids ourselves, and while I can't speak for anyone else, this incident reminded me of that, and yes, because of personal experience I did find the humour in it. Had the case been any different, say, such as ingestion of medication for example, or more so if serious injury had indeed been caused, and OP came in trying to cash out on some kind of humour value, my reaction would have been entirely different. I tell no lie.

Well I for one take all opinions, and apreciate your perspective, USMC.

As do I. In actual fact, I did take into consideration what you had said, USMC, and it made me realize that the incident could have been far worse and that I was happy to hear that no serious injury had been caused. You made me question and examine myself.

Also, thank you for being a foster parent. You seem like the kind of person that could really give the "unwanted" kids some stability, direction, and safety. Even with all the rules and regs you need to abide by, it's a great thing you are doing.

+100

USMC8411, my reaction to your post was just as strong as your reaction to the OP. That's why you got so much heat (pun not intended). And I did not tell you to STFU. And I did not issue a warning point (just to clarify).

Carry on.

Semper Fi.

I also appreciate your service to our country. My oldest nephew is a Marine, and I have nothing but respect for you guys.

I just found myself getting rather defensive when social services was mentioned for something that seemed like a harmless event. I love my nieces and nephews, and would never put them in danger of any kind. If something happened to them on my watch, I would never forgive myself. This was simply them eating a few pieces of candy without realizing what they were getting into. And the whole episode was over in a matter of minutes, with much laughter on everyone's part after the shock was over.

I can understand where you are coming from, and I can completely respect the caution that must be exercised when dealing with children.

I am all about 1st amendment rights, and think that people should be able to voice their opinions. Someone once said 'I may not agree with you, but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it', [paraphrasing, of course] -- But really, if it were that serious, I wouldn't have posted it on the forum in a joking manner, I would have been trying my best to rectify the situation. Luckily I have not had to face an occurrence such as that, and hopefully never will.

Semper Fi.

First and foremost, Semper Fi.

On a second note, I had a party a couple of weeks ago and was quartering some Habs & Bhuts for my friends, and my daughter (21yo) was watching us sweat and laughing at the heat and asked if she could have one. I demanded she abstain from the Bhuts but she could try a Hab., well she got upset because I told her no on the Bhuts and she walked away. 20 min later I heard her getting loud and she sounded hurt (she was) after we had walked away she had grabbed a quarter Bhut and popped it into her mouth. My wife was pissed that I left them out but I rolled on the floor laughing. 21 years old and still cant control sneaking what she was told to stay out of. Some kids never grow up but she did that day. Now she thinks we are insane for eating them and asks what kind of peppers are on the counter before eating one :o)

Back