• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

KiNGDeNNiZ's 2013 still with a few healthy plants and pods

so last years grow came with ups.. and a LOT of downs....but it shall not slow me down... since being introduced to the AEROGARDEN (thanks alot PINOYPRIDE) i have yet to stop sowing seeds... so my early starts have already began for next year... i will do my best to label and keep track....Aerogarden #1---sowed 11/6/121Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)2. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)3. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)4.5. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)6. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods)7. Mustard Habanero (seeds from Pulpiteers pods)Aerogarden #2 sowed 11/01/121. Bubblegum 7 pot---- Slater1980 0/22. Malaysian goronong (tucabil) 0/33, Red Brain strain (romy6) 1/34. Jamaican Scotch bonnet (midwestchilihead) 0/25. Scotch Bonnet (jamison) 0/26. Mustard Habanero (bakers creek-rareseeds.com) 2/37. Red FDA SB ( PIC1-seeds from this years pods)Aero garden #3---sowed 10/30/12--- intially seeds thrown in soil then moved to aeropods 11/51-6----. Fatalii-yellow (seeds from JAGs pods) 6/6more pics and updates to follow
62E5DA2A-0DE5-4B8C-AD3C-7DF12AA0EDC2-7626-0000027CB49EB290.jpg
as you can see in the aerogarden... that lil clear cup was filled with about 20 seeds from JAGs fataliis.. =Dits only been 11 hrs.. and it already looks like this...alakan humus...alfalfa... worm castings.... molasses...mushroom compost...and mycoblast packet
9A182766-60EA-4AED-A496-BB06A6BE48D2-3780-000002256FDC604C.jpg
also will take a chance on cloning... thanks to PaulG and other thread who did cloning..
F2A9DA8D-F988-4886-8803-789BE9C5D07B-3780-00000225759A4318.jpg
this reaper was dampening in my aero.. so i snipped it...dipped in in rooting hormone (MG)the healthier reaper i moved from aero - soil due to aphid infestation
C12BAA2C-6A6A-4169-84E4-31CD444A632F-3780-0000022579185D36.jpg
will find a way to utilize all these goodies from the indoor garden expo
FD05A41A-0A4D-400E-9120-E1DFB59043A6-424-00000027F7C8FBE2.jpg
who needs some pectin.. i scored all these at $.54ea due to albertsons grocery closing..
93D08866-FE7E-4243-B817-D233228A242E-798-0000002F442BBB6E.jpg
CF913B46-D55E-4BDA-B8A7-75EA42139B25-3123-000000FE60414B14.jpg
this hot sauce thing is kinda fun... although the jelly seems easier
04082C8F-88A3-4593-B02B-6F931796E04B-3780-000002262FA1C599.jpg
FF5B5670-F47D-4112-AA00-F45B4C1171B3-3780-0000022630ED8CDA.jpg
and with regards to HOW young is too young to start them with peppers... heres my answer.. 4 years old
97F02D73-8F6F-4B8D-A952-76BE80CC8277-1274-0000003E510DC5F7.jpg

Fremp said:
Looking at the BBG7 pics,got me thinking....Its my understanding that unripe pods are not a good idea when trying to make a seed stock? Then on top of that,it being an f3? Wouldn't it do more harm to this strain to make a seed stock with half ripened pods?
I only ask,as this year I'll def have more than 2 types of peppers in which to make a seed stock from.
Hope you get it turned around with the infected maters!!
When I won the box from a giveaway HH did, KING sent me a box and one bubblegum pod included. Well.... I sowed the seed and I got 4/4 to spout and there looking healthy as any other pepper sprout. It's always worth an attempt especially when there's nothing you can really lose ;).

, Walter
Glad to see you fired up the aerogarden. I really loving mine, and I'm following your glog hoping to improve and learn from the aerogarden master ;).

, Walter

Hey Denniz!

Some great pulls you're getting there!

As far as broad mites go, I had my butt kicked early on, Shane ID'ed them, don't know if they live here or came in on the few plants I bought at Lowes. I did a ton of research, and came up with this that ended my problems....well so far.

So here goes:

They like weeds, that's where they will be waiting. I had my container plants near high (Bermuda) grass and weeds on the south side of the house, they all got hammered.

I also read that wettable sulfur works to kill they're nasty selves, I hit them with that and they went away.

A few plants were still there on the side of the house and became infected.....again. By this time Annie had mentioned she had great success with a Rosemary based oil...like 64 bucks a pint, or quart, anyways...too expensive. I had mentioned we might be able to make this, Ramon found a video, so having a ton of Rosemary I made some, sent him some and both of us tested it. It does kill the mites.

You can't use sulfur and oils within 2 to 3 weeks of each other, bad for peps. Try 1 or both as tests and see which you like best. Any oil treatment requires some shade or leaf burn occurs. I was able to test on the potted plants as I could move them.

So I plant a garden surrounded by cattle graze on 2 sides, next year I'm going to scalp it down like a lawn for 50 yds all around the garden, I may even disc it under to create a buffer zone.

Anyways, sorry for the long post....hopefully some info you can put to use!

Scott

Scott. You answered my question. I wondered. What is it I did to attract them to my plants. I had no issues with the before til this year. Thanks for all the info. I'll hit you up on PM bout how to deal with them with rosemary ad making the oil.
null_zps080ba1f4.jpg

null_zps8a29f668.jpg

null_zps8f9d5f68.jpg

I listened to everyone about leavin your plants alone. "Too much tlc ". This is the outcome aha.

Well I'm in the rebuilding process as I still have time to get something going. I'll be limited to variety But I believe too much was what got me into this hot mess. I was fortunate to have Shane and Nigel acquire some of te plants Shawn had left (pepperproblem) and get them to me. Very healthy plants. Most had two to three seedlings. I will just let them grow and see who wins.
null_zps825c480c.jpg

One tray of "BS"
One tray of M and M7. After reading his glog. Guessing it's two different sources of morougas
null_zps4e19b79d.jpg

If anyone local wants to come get some. Hit me up. Or if you are wiling to donate I can ship them off to you. Just pay to ship and give a little so I can donate to the solana beach area. A place he like to surf. If not I will grow these in place of the i grounds and share the pods

Luckily my local nursery still had some fatalii and "ghost peppers" at this time of year.
Scored and picked up a few NOT bhuts
null_zps4d35bbe8.jpg

null_zpsdb2dd5ab.jpg

Bump

Nice to see you're getting down to finishing off the mites. Hope you getnem all.

I can see a better season next year. Every year things come up and it's hard to deal with it at that given given time. Like me for example, heat finished me off, but I found a solution and next year is gona be a better season for sure. Wish you the best.

, Walter

You seem to be doing alright KD.  Keep that head up.  I got some Choco Bhuts to send your way in a couple weeks :)  I wanna see you eat one!!

millworkman said:
You seem to be doing alright KD.  Keep that head up.  I got some Choco Bhuts to send your way in a couple weeks :)  I wanna see you eat one!!
I'm down been waiting a year for this. Know I don't eat whole pods. I can do maybe a quarter of the pod. Depends on how big hahaha. My chocolate bhut spot spitting f pods. I put some flora nova to get it going.

Vegas_Chili said:
When I won the box from a giveaway HH did, KING sent me a box and one bubblegum pod included. Well.... I sowed the seed and I got 4/4 to spout and there looking healthy as any other pepper sprout. It's always worth an attempt especially when there's nothing you can really lose ;).

, Walter
Glad to see you fired up the aerogarden. I really loving mine, and I'm following your glog hoping to improve and learn from the aerogarden master ;).

, Walter
Thank you,and I asked because I have 3 plants going myself. My worry,and also the reason for asking....I'm still waiting on my first pod set...So the longer time goes by,the more and more fear sets in that I wont be able to get fruit before the frost hits. I'm hoping by the end of Aug,and Sept the weather is cooler, and wetter. This 105 weather and no rain isn't helping the cause. So thank you for some assurance,because I myself was worried I wouldn't be able to make a legit seed stock for these from my own plants. Sorry if my question seemed to forward or confrontational :(

Yea broham, I agree...you are definitely still in the game.  Keep on keeping on.  Don't you have year-round growing too??

Fremp said:
Thank you,and I asked because I have 3 plants going myself. My worry,and also the reason for asking....I'm still waiting on my first pod set...So the longer time goes by,the more and more fear sets in that I wont be able to get fruit before the frost hits. I'm hoping by the end of Aug,and Sept the weather is cooler, and wetter. This 105 weather and no rain isn't helping the cause. So thank you for some assurance,because I myself was worried I wouldn't be able to make a legit seed stock for these from my own plants. Sorry if my question seemed to forward or confrontational :(
No problem. If you need seeds I for ya.

I still have plenty of seeds bruthaman! I'd love to see part of Pete's idea come to fruition :) I know he wasn't the one who started this strain,but just seems like a way to pay my respects to him! Was a great dude,and shared more knowledge with me than I could ever dream of! Was truly an awesome dude! As well as Slater,but you already know this by now D !!

Along with the Lone Naglah I have going as well :)

Bummer about the broad mites and spider mites DeNNiZ, but it sounds like you got good advice from Scott and Shane. My biggest problem this year has been Asiatic Garden Beetles, and the grubs live in the grass roots alongside the garden plots. Beetles fly, so plowing under a strip around the garden won't work for that, but it sounds reasonable for the mites.
   On the plus side, the pods you pictured look excellent, and it looks like you're gonna have all the heat you can handle this year... and maybe a little bit more... Cheers!

Back