• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

knives

I like various knifes and blades, but maybe folding knifes are more of my thing. But handmade puukko knifes gets me very interested too, so here is a old video about Finnish puukko making:
That old man have huge fingers and forearms, because the lifetime of hard manual labor he have done.

Few knifes i ordered from China:
IMG_20180201_1249371.jpg

Sanrenmu land 910 plus.( under 15 euros) Similar quality knife here costs anything between 50-100 euros easy.
Two SR631A. ( Under 10 euros a piece) Maybe around 25-35 euros here.

Very good knifes for the money, fit and finish way above average in the two bigger knifes and pretty sharp out of the box and they are big knifes, but the handling is still nice. Blade is made out of 4Cr13Mov, not anything great but not bad either and sharpens very easy.

Then the Sanrenmu land 910 plus knife...Never seen such fit/finish anywhere at this pricepoint or way above it and very nice handling too. Blade is very sharp out of the box and it is made from Sandvik 12c27, so i know is is a very good steel.

Saving the Sanrenmu for some special use, but the big knife will be for utility use.

Sanrenmu opens easy with one hand, but one of the big knifes needed some adjusting to make it open with one hand.

After getting a good closer look of the Sanrenmu land 910 plus, i would say it is almost the perfect sized EDC folding knife with a very affordable price. Cant really find anything bad to say about this folding knife, everything has this really nice polish to it and they have rounded every possible part of it. Opening the blade is very smooth and very nice thick liner lock too. Blade length is around 85mm and the handle is around 114mm, just about the perfect handle for my hand. The total weight is 129grams, so it is very light for the size.

With the prize you get this kind of high quality, I will give this folding knife a solid 9-9.5/10. This would be a fine gift or present for the important people in your life.

texas blues said:
Bliss Mini-Cleaver ala Damascus.

Shaving sharp.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0274.jpg

Full tang w/rosewood slabs.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0273.jpg

Love it so much I got a second one.

I've never even heard of a mini-cleaver, but that's a very nice looking knife.

What are some of the things you find it most useful for?

MikeUSMC said:
My mother had one; used it as a cheese knife. I got caught bringing it to school in middle school. Principal assumed it was a "cocaine chopping knife," lol. Got suspended and got my f**king ass beat by my mom when I got home, haha

With a name like that, i would pretty much think the same way or not. Anyway bringing a sharp blade to school could still get you in trouble with or without that kind of name, also you can sharpen even a butter knife to a shaving one so.. :rofl:

Anyone here own Finnish made Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110/140 knife or Terävä Skrama bush knife:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btQxnxvfNlk&t=573s

Have been to the site plenty of times and the demand for the Terävä Skrama bush knife is so high, that it is out of stock all the time. Howewer you can get the Terävä Jääkäripuukko 110/140 knife, as they seems to in stock.

Also there is this mini version of the Terävä Skrama bush knife:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgVF_njDa1I

muskymojo said:

I've never even heard of a mini-cleaver, but that's a very nice looking knife.

What are some of the things you find it most useful for?

Any 'thang that you would use a french knife for.

Only without the stabby point.

And arguably more versatile.

And handy in the hand.

Dice.

Chop.

Mince.

Slice.

Cut up a whole chicken.

Filet a fish.

Skin, gut, and quarter a moose.

No rules.

Just used one of those SR631A big knifes to carve plastic bits off from one of those white cactus pots i have in the pictures, very good blade control/balance for finer work and the blade shape makes it a great carver.

Back