• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Kramer Chids 2012 (indoor) / 2013 Glog

I really like the Glogs on this forum as it is such a great way to learn and see what folks are doing and growing.

I grow a lot indoors with most of my collection being Parvisepalum Orchids, a few straggler Tillandsia, violets, dyckia, and Cryptanthus. My son is getting a rather nice collection of Carniverous plants going that includs Nepenthes, Sarracenia, Drosera, and Flytraps. I will post pictures of those later.

I focus my growing as organic as possible and grow under HO T5's. I will be starting the following seeds right now for 2012/2013:

Trinidad Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (Brown) F3 - (Silver_Surfer)
7 Pod Brain Strain (Red) - (Silver_Surfer)
Trinidad Douglah x Butch T (Red) - (Silver_Surfer)
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia - millworkman
Caramel Bhut Jolokia - millworkman
Red Bhut Jolokia (White towards stem) - millworkman
Chocolate Habanero - millworkman
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga - millworkman
Yellow Fatalii - millworkman
Habanero 'Harold's St. Barts' - Dilly's
7 Pod Brain Strain (Yellow) - Dilly's
Primo

So that is it for now. I guess I will throw in a few pictures.

My first seedlings of the year, Trinidad Douglah x Trinidad Scorpion (Brown) F3 & Trinidad Douglah x Butch T
IMG_3824.jpg

Some Orchid Pics.
IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3814.jpg

Southerncanada - Thank you very much for the kind words. My son is 11 and he and I both read a ton but he is the primary caretaker of the Carnivorous plants. He makes his own media of Canadian peat, sand, and perlite. Some he tops with with long fibered sphagnum and other he grows only in lfs. All of his watering is done with distilled water and fertilizing is only done with coffee and feeding is done with wingless fruit fly cultures or whatever he finds crawling about. :) He is really big into germing seeds to grow his collection. I think he has over a thousand seeds in the germ process. It's really cool to see his interest.

Ronin - They grow SO FAST! Next year I'm going to totally do it differently. I have had to top some two and three times already. Good soil, good light, and those air-pots make them grow like crazy. I also swapped out a couple of 6500k bulbs for 5000k so I'm running the two spectrums. I think I like it a little better.

Dshlogg - Thank you very much for the compliment and checking out my Glog. I just love growing stuff no matter what it is.

Mx5inpa - Why whatever do you mean? :P Oh, and I think you are the only one. :D

Back