• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Lamb leg

chilliman64 said:
where's the nagas???

I did the lamb up in corn bread wraps with a generous drizzle of Stillmanz 3-punch sauce. Next day leftovers went into a bread roll with salad & 5 or 6 drops of Naga Paste, and a really happy dog scored the bone.

Omri said:
You can sure cook, Bent.

Thanks, should drop over for a feed sometime.

ring sting said:
Try making lamb pie with a good thick gravy. Yum!

RS

Too late...all gone :( - but I'm looking for a decent pie dish...not so easy to find the right one.

billyboy said:
looks good bent, fair dinkum mate, your a bloody creative little cook mate.

:cool:

Thanks mate....I'll knock it up again if you're going to be in the area.

chilliman64 said:
he should be 3 feet wide with all the gourmet meals he consumes...

lol - i keep trying

Omri said:
"should be"? I d...don't understand. :eh:

I have one of those metabolisms Omri - I burn up energy just sitting around. Same weight now as I was in high-school 25+ years ago give or take 2kg.
It's good being able to eat whatever i want whenever i want :D

bentalphanerd said:
I have one of those metabolisms Omri - I burn up energy just sitting around. Same weight now as I was in high-school 25+ years ago give or take 2kg.
I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. just that I workout after. :lol:

rainbowberry said:
I take it you're like me then, exercise is alien thing. I can eat what I like as well and still stay tiny.
Don't tell a guy he's tiny. no good can come out of it. :lol:

bentalphanerd said:

rainbowberry said:
I take it you're like me then, exercise is alien thing. I can eat what I like as well and still stay tiny.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way..I do eat healthy but workout? Nahhh.

Still around 10lbs of H.S. weight...though I was pretty thin then, if anything I've gotten better now. ;)

-QS

Bent,

I made a nice chook 'n' veg pie the other day (no chilli, DIL --dad in law-- doesn't like it).
Boil about a kilo of chicken (either whole chook cut up, or thighs) in herbs and spices with an onion until cooked, then remove and break up the chook flesh.
Reserve some of the stock. Make a butter and flour roux, about 60g of butter and 2 tbs of flour. Add 1 cup of warm stock slowly, stirring so it doesnt go lumpy. Add a cup or so of grated cheese, some pepper, other spices. Add back in the chook, some par-cooked vegies and some frozen peas, oh and chillis finely chopped.
Line an 8-10 inch greased pie dish with either your own pastry or some puff, pour in sauce. Put a pastry lid on it, either another sheet with some slots cut in it, or a nice lattice design and bake for 30 mins.

Serve with Pain.

Simple but tasty. it's all in the gravy.

RS

rainbowberry said:

I'm pretty much the same way, but the little bit of belly I do have is probably from my drink of choice....BEER!!:lol:

Now about that leg of lamb. That's looks VERY tasty. I actually want to do something similar with a venison leg one time, and have a cook out/party at my house this fall. It's a leaner meat, but I've had it before when someone else cooked it. The stuff is AWESEOME!! If your not careful it can get dry though. (Not in the case I had.) Also, why does this site always make me hungry?:lol:

Back