• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lawrence's Hixson 2014 Glog

I have some big plans for the 2014 season coming up. Already have the layout scheduled and supplies bought So heres's a list of what I'll be growing in the superhot area.

* Brown Moruga Scorpion​
* Chocolate Morugs Scorp.​
* Caramel Moruga Scorp.​
* Red Moruga Scorpion​
* Red Moruga Satan Strn.​
* Yellow Moruga Scorp.​
Brown Naglah​
* Red Naglah​
Chocolate Bhutlah​
* 7 Pot Primo​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Red​
* 7 Pot Brain Strain Yellow​
* 7 Pot Brown​
* 7 Pot Bubblegum​
* 7 Pot Douglah​
* 7 Pot Douglah Red​
* UN Brain Strain Cross​
* Sepia Serpent​
* Carolina Reaper​
* Jays Ghost Scorpion Red​
* Brazil Ghost Pepper​
* Douglah X Butch T crs.​
 * Brazilian Brain Strain​

I will have 12 plants of each type growing and a few other crosses I have been working on to see how those work out, namely a Bhut Scorp x Reaper and Red Moruga x Bhut Scorpion. So we shall see!

The garden from this year is just about finished so tear down will start in a week or so and into the compost it goes. So once I get it torn down and winterized I will get some more photos up. As for now does anyone know if any good places to buy cheap ski around the Chattanooga area!

Fungus gnats! Gonna kill them all tomorrow morning, I will smile while doing so because they have killed quite a few of my better plants...

What is the composition on your soil mix? Maybe it's holding more water at the bottom even though the top is dry.
What kind of temps do you get overnight in the greenhouse?

It's 50% peat moss, 45% compost, 5% Pearlite. 

At night my greenhouse it's around 75 with heater on. During the day it's 80-90 depending on time of day. 

LawrenceJ2007 said:
Fungus gnats! Gonna kill them all tomorrow morning, I will smile while doing so because they have killed quite a few of my better plants...

Those bastards. They got quite a few of mine last year. This year I am better prepared.

Exterminate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqDAFEYQTMY

Here you go Vincent, 32 UBSC in their new 4" homes! And 4 Brown Morugas from Judy's peppers last season!

12735424973_c004f6214d_c.jpg

Haven't been able to update this for a while since I had a knee surgery and have been in recovery! But now, back on my feet able to walk and better yet, able to garden!

So things are going well here! Where I was going to plant my peppers was shot down.... They found it may be a liability to have such hot peppers growing around a public area. I understood so I've had to figure some things out. 

I lost some plants to aphids and a heater that went to it's highest setting over the night frying my plants that were in there. But I have them back up and going again! 

I also ordered some starter plants to fill in the gaps of plants i had no more seeds for from Ford's Fiery Foods, Buckeye Pepper Company, ChiliPlants.com, and Bakers so that helped a ton!

Brazil Ghost from Ford's Fiery Foods
13572889865_1eceee74e1_b.jpg

13740581895_3bf5ab9e65_c.jpg

So haven't updated this in a while! But I have been quite busy! Up first in a Chocolate Moruga in a 30 gallon pot! Tomorrow I'll be transplanting a Brown Naglah, Brazil Ghost, and Chocolate Brainstrain into 30 gal. pots!

14078154485_330618fbb3_b.jpg

14075753802_54907834a4_b.jpg

Here are some plants that have been hardening off for the summer, everything from brainstrains, morgugas, reapers, primos, etc. Cannot wait to plant them out!
14098257433_ff62842508_b.jpg

So a lot of updates from here in Hixson. plants are thriving with the new soil, new ferts, and new schedule! My official plant out date will be May12th, I'm hardening them all off in the greenhouse right now just to be sure, and we have some odd weather around here in TN. So stay tuned for some crosses I'll be putting out soon!

Here are some shots from the greenhouse after the new schedule and ferts!
14106398414_fe5b0c9056_b.jpg

14082862526_3a5efa5ce6_b.jpg

Here are the plants I'll be growing in pots and fabric pots for the summer for an experiment for next year! They range from Brazilian Ghosts, Douglahs, Primos, BBG7's, Choco Moruga, Brown Moruga, etc. 

14082862476_af2642009d_b.jpg

Back