• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Lazies 2011 grow log

Well I have decided to start a grow log this season. Nothing too exciting to post yet. Started to germinate on the 6th and have a ton of work to do on the hill side garden.

Okay so due not wanting to spend extra money on a heating pad I have the following set up for germination:
Jiffy mini green house on top of my dehydrator on low. Keeps it at the right temp:

SIJP7.jpg

The location of the hill side garden, I figured the hill will work fine because it will not pool up with all the excessive water we get here in Wa:
tratu.jpg

decided to break ground and see what I had to work with in terms of soil. To my dismay the dark soil was something they used to cover nothing but clay and rocks. And if your wondering what is going on with the stakes on the right its because my neighbors have a pit bull that has dug thru the fence and as you can see to the left he started to dig thru again, I spoke with the owners and was advised the dog has never been socialized with other dogs however they will be moving at the end of the month.
MTZ8a.jpg

And yes if you keep up with my grow log you will have to endure random pictures of my dogs:
kvHd4.jpg

I have however come up with a solution to for the soil that will be cost effective. I will be growing lots of vegetables and other things as well but here is my grow list for peppers:
7 Pod Primo
7 pod -Patrick
7 pod Barrackpore -Patrick
7 Pod Yellow -HP
7 pod Brain Strain PRF
Star Fish - Big Egg
White Hab -Hot Pooper
Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorp Morouga Bigg Egg
Naga Dorset
Yellow Scorpion Cardi- Cmpman1974
Caribean Red
NagaPeno hybrid from Hot Pooper
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Douglah PRF
Bhut-Silver Surfer
Bhut J Chocolate -Patrick
Bhut Carbon -HP
Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet -SS
Yellow Rocoto -Josh
Devils Tongue

I will be germinating more soon and have tried my best to keep track of who has given me seeds or what peppers I got the seeds from ext. Most of them that are not marked are from peppers I got from CCN. Now I just have to figure out how to hang the massive 400W ballast I have.

everything looking good... great job and ur lucky u found that lil green bastard.... i hope u took a few bites out of em to teach em a thing or two lol J/K....

nitwit's "volunteer community service"

this stuff should work against those cucking faterpillars

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100599150/h_d2/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&keyword=thuricide&jspStoreDir=hdus&Nu=P_PARENT_ID&selectedCatgry=SEARCH+ALL&navFlow=3&catalogId=10053&langId=-1&ddkey=Search

good luck with the growing :eek:

Hey Laz! The weather in western WA has sucked like a hoover this year, coldest spring since 1955...........

My garden is not fairing much better, but I have not had any losses, yet. Keep it going, and we will share some sort of harvest at the PNW chilihead party later this year.... :D

Wow 1955, thats crazy. Thanks guys! Well the first day of hardening off my plants the person who was supposed to open up at my work didnt show up so the owner called me when I was at the store and I went in ASAP and the plants all got burnt to death :tear:

That is nauseating. Glad to see you were able to get most of the garden replaced. Well, assuming my plants survive the scorching summer and my 2nd year growing skills, I'll send you a box of assorted delicacies this fall. I hope your still planning on doing some videos this season.

Well the first day of hardening off my plants the person who was supposed to open up at my work didnt show up so the owner called me when I was at the store and I went in ASAP and the plants all got burnt to death :tear:

aww man that sucks :cry:

do your hornworms have little larve sacks on there back if 1 does dont kill it take it and move it to a sacrificial plant and let those wasp babies hatch and they will take out your hornworm population however kill the 1's with out wasp larve imiadiatly and violently :P

good luck hope your CNN replacements do very well
:cheers:

Well most the aphids are gone, killed a ton of those horn warms and havent been able to find any of them for the past 2 days however have had a problem with slugs. So I put a bunch of salt all around the containers and am looking for that slug poison I seem to have misplaced. I put up a little fence to keep the dogs out.
YT92D.jpg

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Ryan. I'll get ya some pods when they start rollin' in. I owe ya. :)

Thanks Robert, I have a feeling my luck will change and these new pepper plants will give me just what I need. I have a pound of dried bhuts headed my way and will be getting a pound of trinidad scorpion from AJ so that surely will satisfy my taste buds :) If we were keeping score I would be the one still owing you my friend.

tough luck lazy :( best of luck with the remainder of the season. i'll be glad to send you some pods later on this summer. (assuming that i get some)

Thanks guys! I sure am having fun watching my hydro plants grow like weeds. Now if only the plants in dirt could follow their example :pray: I know one is a gloomy day shot and one is a night shot but you can see the difference:
Gv9vW.jpg

They've bushed out a lot. I love the contented look of hyrdro plants, they're getting everything they need and are happily doing their thing. :cool:

I know the pain of decapitating helmet heads all too well. I worked out a method of removing the seed case which works well now. First of all you plant the next lot of seeds a little bit deeper.

Wet the helmet and let it soften up. Use tweezers to squeeze it's widest parts together. If you're lucky the case will come apart then. If not, use some nail clippers to take off a tiny sliver of the edge at its thickest point. The outer rim is where the strength is, the inside of the disc is nothing. You do that until the tweezers will take the case off like it is falling away.

Thanks for this. I have a naga dorset seedling that doesn't seem to want to let go of the helmet/cap.

BTW- awesome grow- log lazienfat ;)

Thanks guys! Those were just some test peppers I have been using to see if I could grow in hydro, didnt want to risk any good plants. I put those in dirt and replaced them. I have 2 trinidad scorps, chocolate hab and a bhut growing in that set up now. Figure it will take them a week or two to get adjusted and hopefully they start taking off.

Dang lazy sorry to hear about your plant problems. Let me know if I can help with some pods come harvest time buddy.

Back