• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Le Grande Patty Melt with Habanero Mushroom-Onion Gravy

Yeah, I was hungry...

First, a giant hunk of lean hamburger, laced with S&P, hab powder and Worcestershire.

Cooked to just about medium-well.

S6304051.jpg

Then the fixin's: onions, mushrooms, orange hab, and Mozz.

S6304052.jpg

Took off the burger and set aside to rest and topped it with the cheese.

Corralled the veggies into the burger grease with a shot of Vino, a sprinkle of chile powder, the obligatory sea salt + lots of black pepper and granulated garlic and let it cook a minute.

S6304054.jpg

Then, used flour and beef stock to turn it into a nice rich gravy...

S6304056.jpg

Next up...the p0wnage...

I'd toasted some wheat bread, now I spooned some of the gravy on it, then plunked down tha beef and topped it all with more of the gravy and stuff...

Lookout arteries...
S6304058.jpg

Yes there is toast under there somewhere.
S6304061.jpg

It's like the muther of all things beefy and cheesy...'cept with gravy. :hell:

Behold! I am TB and I fear no meat! That looks pretty good Quady. If that was filet medallions, mrs. blues would divorce me and marry you!

Salute', TB.

all the right ingredients looks great, nice take on a patty melt. never enough black pepper for sure.do u not like to use a grill?

texas blues said:
Behold! I am TB and I fear no meat! That looks pretty good Quady. If that was filet medallions, mrs. blues would divorce me and marry you!

Salute', TB.

Well, we don't want that....

Thx mate. :)

Noshownate said:
all the right ingredients looks great, nice take on a patty melt. never enough black pepper for sure.do u not like to use a grill?

I live 3.5 floors up in a 110yo apt. with no balcony...so no. ;)
Cooked on a 1950's Hardwick gas stove though. Yes, I fail for not using da cast iron..I was half awake and beg forgiveness. ;)

Noshownate said:
oh yeah fresh habs in theyre daMN

U betcha. :)

I say mega-WIN on the sauce alone! Nicely done Quad. Looks fantastic. The only thing I would have maybe done differently is toast the bread.

JayT said:
I say mega-WIN on the sauce alone! Nicely done Quad. Looks fantastic. The only thing I would have maybe done differently is toast the bread.

I smell a much enhanced foo-fication in your version jay. Probably influenced by some hoity toity plate throwing insult hurling French speaking sonofabitch.

Salute', TB.

JayT said:

I'd toasted some wheat bread, now I spooned some of the gravy on it,
Yes there is toast under there somewhere.

JAYT FAIL! ;)

Thx tho mate. :)

Who needs a "proper" roux..when ya can just make it happen with a really big steel whisk and some determination....hehehe.

'Tis just chemistry ya can eat after all.

Hmmm, no piccies of tort? ~no win

Ima maken sumden simla did weekendz me thinkz, go patty melts :P

Novacastrian said:
Hmmm, no piccies of tort? ~no win

Ima maken sumden simla did weekendz me thinkz, go patty melts :P

I'm blames this:

S6304062.jpg

I had a 12'r of Newcastle bottles this morninng...seems i has 3 lef, and hte natty and such kinda went away too..drat. ANd I haz like 3-4 shots of Scotch left.

only has like 7 pints lef too...a sad state.

heheh

Back