Lee´s 2009 Grow season

Hi all,

Has been a few weeks since I last posted here. A lot of stuff going on at the moment:). My arm is doing great now after a "slap repair" surgery on my shoulder but I'm still recovering for the next 15 weeks or so. But anyway will post an update tonight.

a preview
Last harvest from C.lanceolatum
img9233.jpg

Pic. from 11-21-09
C.rhomboideum and C.lanceolatum
img9250z.jpg

lee

Well bugger me, i think i have missed this thread. All i can say is that Lee, you my friend rock! Those peppers are an outstanding example of all things hot mate. :cheers:

A new pot for C.lanceolatum.

img9495d.jpg

More roots exposed so again have to do some cleaning and root trimming :)

img9520.jpg

Thx Nova..

While I was recovering from my surgery a good friend helped me to set up a site dedicated to Wild Chilli's ;). The site is still under construction..but we have some experienced Wild growers aboard, but anyway my 2010 season already started and most of the seeds will go down this month. Will grow mostly wilds in 2010 and here's my WildChilli list so far.

C.parvifolium
C.rhomboideum
C.lanceolatum
C.preatermissum
C.galapagoense
C.flexuosum
C.chacoense
C.tovarii
C.buforum *
C.schottianum
C.ceratocalyx *
C.caballeroi *
CAP 501
CAP 503
CAP 1144
CAP 1478
CAP 1491
CGN 19198
CGN 19198 #2
CGN 20805
CGN 22795
Chili Manaus
Cumari Pollux
Duke pequin
Heart Throb
Tepin, Eastern Travis Country
Tepin,Cocina da Frieda
Bolivian small red

Will take some time to get up to date on what you'll have been up to :rolleyes:., but good to see that most of you are here

Hey Lee good to see you made it thru, hope that shoulder heals quickly. Your plants always look so good but those cut back plant with the roots and new growth look great. The closest plants I have to yours are the Pequin and Cumari, good to see you also consider them wild.;)

Thx PRF,

My shoulder is doing much better then expected, but still it's very weak and have to be careful. Was a big relieve once I got rid of that sling..

That pequin is very related to tabasco but it's considered to be wild:).

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hey Lee good to see you made it thru, hope that shoulder heals quickly. Your plants always look so good but those cut back plant with the roots and new growth look great. The closest plants I have to yours are the Pequin and Cumari, good to see you also consider them wild.;)

Wow, those plants look incredible! Good work with the wilds Lee, thats one part of pepper growing I have avoided so far but am so looking forward to trying in the future, especially after seeing pics like yours. Do you like the taste/flavor of any of your wild types, and how do you like to use them?

a few more questions and praise.
What makes a plant wild? could someone explain this whole wild thing? I Haven't been able to find much info.
could you explain alittle also on what you are doing when you ar etrimming the roots?
nice green foliage you got there!

Noshownate said:
a few more questions and praise.
What makes a plant wild? could someone explain this whole wild thing? I Haven't been able to find much info.
could you explain alittle also on what you are doing when you ar etrimming the roots?
nice green foliage you got there!

the trimming of the root helps to develop a healthy strong plant and at the same time makes for a good bonchi plant. And also helps with making a big trunk ( or stem ) on a pepper there for allowing for more intake of nutrients leading to as stated a healthier plant.

Back