• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Let me see your SB7J's

THECHRISE said:
Drat. Mine sorta look like it but have a small stinger at the bottom. I guess I mislabeled mine?
I've had some with stingers on them. Here are a few different phenotypes that I've seen.

bOLiDtq.jpg

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
That looks like it hurt! :shocked: How's your hand doing?
They say I might pull through and live a few more months. I wish I had more of these, they were really good. This plant didnt produce much, and about half the early pods were rotten in the middle.

i was working with some SB7J's today and i gotta tell you, that CRUNCHY delicious flesh that is both floral and sweet and hot in the perfect trio is so delicious. I want to see SB7J replace habaneros in grocery stores. 

Anyone that has these growing, would you be willing to send, sell or trade some seeds?  I would love to give these a try.

Been stalking this part of the forum for a while. I must say the pods are beautiful, very unique and I love the tails. Any idea how I can get my hands on some seeds? I would love to grow them next year.

ThePepperTrent said:
Been stalking this part of the forum for a while. I must say the pods are beautiful, very unique and I love the tails. Any idea how I can get my hands on some seeds? I would love to grow them next year.
Pm sent.

Unless someone created their own SB x 7 Pot Jonah cross and called it SBJ7... it is probably just misspelled, the correct name is SB7J.

I had a plant last year that was supposed to be red, but it through yellow pods similar to yours. The other plants from the same seed stock threw red pods with different and closer to the mushroom cloud phenotype shape.

justecila said:
I wonder if there is actually a different between SB7J & SBJ7 :confused:  :confused:  :confused:
I grew a variety namely SBJ7 and pod looks obviously quite different.  This one that I grew out is actually an off phenol of yellow
Then again I see from this topic one can get a wide differences in pods shapes

cloudhand said:
Unless someone created their own SB x 7 Pot Jonah cross and called it SBJ7... it is probably just misspelled, the correct name is SB7J.

I had a plant last year that was supposed to be red, but it through yellow pods similar to yours. The other plants from the same seed stock threw red pods with different and closer to the mushroom cloud phenotype shape.

I don't know exactly history of the seeds but pretty sure the source said it is an off pheno of SB7J throwing out a yellow pod.  In saying this.. I did google around to find out if any differences between SB7J/SBJ7 and come to conclude they look rather different! I understand what you mean by the abbrev from the 2 parents.
PexPeppers said:
And this is rather cool :drooling:

Anyone have a pic of one cut in half? Mainly wondering how difficult it is to get the seeds out. Some of my bonnets are so "bonnety" that it's tough to just cut in half and scrape out seeds.

Genetikx said:
Anyone have a pic of one cut in half? Mainly wondering how difficult it is to get the seeds out. Some of my bonnets are so "bonnety" that it's tough to just cut in half and scrape out seeds.
I would say this is one of the tougher varieties to deseed. It kind of reminds me of deseeding a BBG7. You might have to cut out the placenta instead of just scraping.

TUpwRi9.jpg

Back