• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

LOBO - CZ Grower - under Ore Mountains

Hello everybody.

I am from Czech republic. Now we have season in full strength so I made some interesting videos from my Greenhouse.

At first there is video about new Hybrid variete NAGANERO F1 (Dorset Naga X Habanero Red) from my friend Czech grower LuckyLuke. These hybird matured very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNcUFAiRBXs

Second video is about Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion mutant. This plant mutation is very crazy. This video you MUST SEE !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIKT5ZL7D0Y

And Last video is about seeds selection for next season. Because I have only one greenhouse and lot of varieties inside I must do any separation of flowers for clean generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKNW_-Jl60M

OCD Chilehead said:
What a great place. Would be cool place to camp. Love the pictures. Don't know much about mushrooms. They fascinate me. We would eat wild mushrooms from the Northwest when i was younger. Thats another story for another time. LOL. The pics are awesome. My nieghbors went hiking in the forest not to far from my house last year. They found some morels. I need to get up there and do some investigating.

Thanks for sharing. Pure serenity.

Yea you have right, Pure serenity !

Anyway, eating and pick up the wild mushrooms is very popular in our country. My opinion is 75% Czech peoples going to forest for fresh mushrooms.

State Colorado has big and beautiful forests too if I have right information about your country.  So no need to wait and lets go to the forest ! :-)

FreeportBum said:
Very nice that you find king bolets ! they are my favorite for risotto. We find some here but they are getting harder and harder to find with development. Cheers 

Thank you for compliments !

Fortunatelly boletus mushrooms are widespread in Czech republic. Every year we harvest about 15 kilograms of this great mushroom.

Yes rissoto has very great taste with boletus. The most favourite food from mushrooms in my country is SMAŽENICE.

There is short video about mushroom hunt and fast recipe for SMAŽENICE : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqScweQdPY

Hello folks,

First pods of this season goes to ripen :-D :party:

715a05cf-ab98-43a7-8d5d-432573d0030c_zpsavl4qdvk.jpg

My 7Pot Brainstrains is from Yellow variete but my pods has orange color and many different shapes of pods.

There is pohoto of NaganeroF1, after cutt i get big punch - Brutal heat smell and very much capsaicin oil inside :hell:  :mouthonfire:
I want try to taste it but yesterday I have not enough courage for to do it. :-D So I only licked the edge and 20minutes i have flame in my lips and tongue. My estimation of SHU for this hybrid is minimum 1.000.000 SHU but maybe more I hope for 1.500.000 SHU.

DSC_0029_zpsa4ak565j.jpg

DSC_0030_zps8xtvlf8u.jpg

02_zpsgidkmtza.jpg

Malarky said:
your yellow brainstrain pods look like Orange Habs? where'd you get seeds from?
nice pics tho

I bought seeds from Czech chilli e-shop. This E-shop is solid. This is Brain strain but all Brain strains varieties are very unstablished it means these shapes and color mutation are expected.

Hello everybody,

Weather in Czech republic is not ideal, so much rain but my plants are strong and maturing well. For example few photos

Naraja Picante
6_zpsytr0y33w.jpg

Naganero Tripple goes to ripen - Yeah !
8_zpsrkatce4s.jpg

JPGS Mutant goes to ripen - :onfire:
7_zpsd1vxzxv0.jpg

7Pot White :fireball:
4_zpsalgnd4fq.jpg

5_zpsl8ptdlif.jpg

Bhut Orange Copenhagen - little plant but lot of big pods - :party:
3_zpswehsyblw.jpg

Ok, Today I want share with you much more things.

Forutnately nice weather come to Czech republic Finally !! And many pods goes to ripen. I am very lucky with my JPGS Mutant pheno, Naganero F1 and Naganero Tripple.

JPGS mutant Pheno
06_zpsx3qvknr2.jpg

Naganero F1 - 80% of all pods on plant has same or simmilar size
03_zpsdbbi7vcv.jpg

Naganero Tripple - 50 % has similar size others are litlle bit smaller
02_zpsfbcrchsg.jpg

And Today I was on mushroom hunt again and I think I have good hunt.

At first - (Caloboletus calopus) - No poison mushroom but no good to eat, This mushroom has very bitter taste.
04_zpsw5djoscy.jpg

And There is the the King of Boletus - Boletus edulis
05_zpshtg4jeug.jpg

07_zpsdbcs7umf.jpg

And there are all mushrooms which I found today during two hours in forest - Boletus Edulis, Boletus Badius,Chalciporus piperatus, Suillus grevillei, Suillellus luridus
08_zps6nyp7jhm.jpg

Great mushroom hunt, David. The Naganero looks good. How's the taste? Is it crossed with red Hab, or bonnet?

Crazy looking tomato. Looks like a plum.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great mushroom hunt, David. The Naganero looks good. How's the taste? Is it crossed with red Hab, or bonnet?

Crazy looking tomato. Looks like a plum.
Thanks for compliments  :party:

Naganero has taste and heat as his Mother ( Dorset Naga ) And from his Father ( Habanero Red) has size and shape of pods. This hybrid is very prolific only 60-70 days to ripened pods and Naganero is very strong plant during all different types of weather. Last year was tropical heat in Czech republic trhee weeks was 35-40 degrees of celcius and all plant fallen down flowers but only Naganero was strong and no flowers fallen down and well maturing. This year is very different, low degrees18 -25 degrres of celcius, lot of rain but Naganero is strong and maturing very well. :party:

Anyway, Tomato has orignal black and you have right looks like a plum :fireball:

Hello friends, I have HOT NEWS !!!
Unfortunately JPGS - Mutant Pheno is without seeds. :-( This year We must enjoy this freak of nature because can be last in my life to see this. So there are a photos :  

DSC_0020_zps1hswateg.jpg

DSC_0023_zpsif1ktz1l.jpg

DSC_0042_zpsajc14riz.jpg

DSC_0044_zpsakdwctsj.jpg

Anyway fortunately last 7 days we have relative nice weather and Lot of varieties goes to ripen.

Bhut Orange Copenhagen is my "black horse" this season. Maturing very well !!!
DSC_0036_zpsbi2shnc9.jpg

DSC_0018_zpsj3i2yhdg.jpg

7Pot White is very prolific too, a lot of big pods ! :dance:
01_zpsmmnfjb4b.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Yellow - So beautiful, what do you say ?
DSC_0055_zpsi3q2trou.jpg

Second little harvest this year : NaganeroTripple, Naraja Picante, Naganero F1, 7Pot Brainstrain Yellow ( out of pheno), Bhut jolokia orange, JPGS mutant pheno 
DSC_0039_zpsylipnfxa.jpg

Great pod's. Sorry to hear about the no seeds mutant. I was thinking the same thing. Take some clones and maybe cross it. You might get a different mutant.

"Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Yellow - So beautiful, what do you say ?"

Looks picture perfect.

OCD Chilehead said:
Great pod's. Sorry to hear about the no seeds mutant. I was thinking the same thing. Take some clones and maybe cross it. You might get a different mutant.

"Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Yellow - So beautiful, what do you say ?"

Looks picture perfect.

Malarky said:
you could overwinter or clone the mutant to keep it going?

Of course guys, overwinter and clone is in my plan for next year.

Anyway, yeasterday I picked few fresh ripened pods. Fortunately nice weather will continue for next 7 days so every day will new ripened pods.

DSC_0064_zps7glfmexz.jpg

Naganero F1 has seeds everywhere :fireball:
DSC_0065_zpsnchffzqr.jpg

Back