• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

looking for a High end drink recipie

Phil said:
Think about this..... a good dirty martini was Dean Martin's drink. It's only vodka and olive juice..... sounds like you're looking for a good gimmick..... see what Geeme said. No such thing as high end vs. low end except for the quality of liquor used..

Take it from a drinker who loves a good dirty martini!

Martini (cocktail)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the vodka-based cocktail, see Vodka martini.

Martini

The martini is one of the most widely known cocktails

Type

Cocktail

Primary alcohol by volume

Served

straight (or on the rocks)

Standard garnish

Olive or lemon twist

Standard drinkware

Cocktail glass

Commonly used ingredients

Preparation

Straight: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain in chilled martini cocktail glass. Squeeze oil from lemon peel onto the drink, or garnish with olive. (On the rocks: Pour all ingredients over ice cubes in old-fashioned glass, garnish as above and serve.)
The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Over the years, the martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages. H. L. Mencken called the martini "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet"[1] and E. B. Whitecalled it "the elixir of quietude".[2]

thegreenman said:
Martini (cocktail)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the vodka-based cocktail, see Vodka martini.
Martini The martini is one of the most widely known cocktails Type Cocktail Primary alcohol by volume
Served straight (or on the rocks) Standard garnish
Olive or lemon twist
Standard drinkware

Cocktail glass Commonly used ingredients
Preparation Straight: Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well. Strain in chilled martini cocktail glass. Squeeze oil from lemon peel onto the drink, or garnish with olive. (On the rocks: Pour all ingredients over ice cubes in old-fashioned glass, garnish as above and serve.)
The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Over the years, the martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages. H. L. Mencken called the martini "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet"[1] and E. B. Whitecalled it "the elixir of quietude".[2]

AH!!! Damn! The vermouth! I knew I forgot something! Speaking of.... I need to get some more vermouth olives.

Vodka martini, always shaken, so there is no harsh alcohol taste.
Gin martini, always stirred, so you can taste the botanicals.

Vermouth is for wimps...most all my patrons asked for their martini extra dry which meant take the vermouth, pour it in the glass, swish around then toss and some just asked me to wave the closed bottle over the glass without putting any in.   :P

When I make them at home, I just use goose and dirty tony's olive juice.

I suppose they make them with vermouth when I order them at a restaurant, but it's so hard to find tenders who know how to make them, much less good ones around where I live that I usually just order a bloody mary. There's an Italian joint close by that knows how to make a good martini... D'Angelo's

Jay swears by the appletini.

The Hot Pepper said:
Jay swears by the appletini.

I'll bet he likes a stout mojito
If someone offers you a Thai LadyBoy, consider yourself forewarned.... it's not a drink. Politely decline..... unless that's your thing.

Screw using an olive in your drink...

Use one of these peppers in it instead.

http://i.imgur.com/5unHNhW.jpg

Use it in a drink that has a yellow tint to it.
Float a piece of edible sugar paper in it and a few corn kernels or a peanut or 2.

Gotta think of a cool name for it though.

Opps,I guess that would be a back end drink,not high end. :)

FYI...

When you use fresh pods, it takes about two weeks (give or take) for the pod to sink - that's what you want to look for, as once that happens you've got a good deal of the cap in the liquid. Over time (if you don't use it up right away) the color will be sapped out of the pod; don't worry about it, just be aware, as you'll lose the ability to ID which pod it is eventually. I'd recommend marking the pod type on the bottle somehow.

I do happen to like cayenne in rum. Congo trinidad, too. Most of the bottles I've infused, however, are vodka and tequila.

Dried pods infuse much faster - you can get significant heat in just a day or two. 

Each pod type retains its own characteristics. If you infuse different bottles of the same type of liquor with different pods, each will taste differently, just like the pods alone. Experiment a bit to see which you like better.

if I follow the question correctly , a drink that is served in a nice bar. I had a martini made with absolute pepper vodka, a DROP of vermouth and 3  jalapeno stuffed  olives that were from a jar. it was spicy and what you would find in a nice public bar. In NYC where I am located they cannot serve booze that is premixed  with peppers that are home made, its called adulterated liquor.  the drink I described was hot enough for every one at the table that tasted it. This was a dinner group not concerned with who could rub brainstrains on their private to get an endorphin rush. P.S. my second martini of the evening was a traditional grey goose straight up dirty martini  with 3 regular  green olives

Back