vendor Lucky Dog Hot Sauce

I was lucky enough to be one of the recent winners that Scott had last week for the first to reply to a thread. I went with the Pink label. Wow I never thought I would like the smoke flavor in any sauce but boy oh boy was I wrong. It has an amazing flavor profile and just the right amount of heat to make this a really enjoyable hot sauce. This sauce could literally go on anything you want to try it with. Its so good on its own that just sitting there with a tsp of it on its own is great. I would highly recommend this sauce for anyone and everyone looking for a great tasting sauce with medium heat(by my standards). Its a winner Scott and once again a BIG THANK YOU !!!

I was at the right place at the right time about a week ago and ended up winning one of Scott's contests. I responded first to a post and won a free bottle of sauce. I figured that bottle might get lonely on it's trip, so I ordered a couple of friends to ride along with him. And Scott was nice enough to give me some tricks and a coupon code to make it an even better deal. When the package arrived the other day, I was surprised to see that he had included ANOTHER free bottle with my order!  :woohoo: 
     I love fire roasted chiles, and had been itching to try the Orange Label for quite a while. I've always heard folks raving about LDHS's flavor balance. They are all right. That stuff is a symphony of flavor. Scott claims his sauces are "food's best friend". I dunno. I've used quite a bit of it in the last day or two and I'm kind of reluctant to tarnish its perfect flavor with food. Rymerpt has the right idea. 
     Then I tried the Pink Label. I don't know where to start. I guess if Orange is a symphony, then Pink is listening to a symphony after hanging out with this guy  :high: .  (I'm not a professional sauce reviewer, obviously.) I was kind of leery of trying a smoked pepper sauce. I used to believe that smoke belonged only in certain foods. Not anymore. The smoked peppers work with all the other flavors wonderfully.
     My thoughts are that these sauces (the two I tried so far, at least) would be best appreciated on simple foods; grilled meats, for example. (I look forward to the day I douse a grilled pork chop in pink label.) I think adding this stuff to a dish that already has a complex flavor profile might end up being a detriment to both. 
     I don't know what to say that hasn't been said before. Believe the hype. Scott is a pro and has obviously put a lot of time and effort into making these sauces what they are. You can tell there's a lot more going on in these bottles besides chiles and garlic. Perfect consistency, beautiful packaging, quality natural ingredients and a guy that knows how to put them all together. 
     Thanks again, Scott, for the contest. And for making your sauces. I'll be back.

Thanks for the great feedback Dash, and thanks again for your order. Really glad you enjoy the sauces! I included an extra becausei thought it was cool of you to place an order after winning a free bottle - I hope you enjoy the others as much as the 1st two! :cheers:
Ps - spot on with Pink + pork. Carnitas, pork chops, pulled pork, etc. it's good on pizza, chicken, etc but I created that recipe with pork in mind. :)

Some days getting up at 5 for my farmers market are really tough - like today, after my Giants won the WS. Kinda hungover, short sleep, grumpy - feedback like that keeps me going.

And I agree about Orange & Mac & cheese - Purple works great for that too.
;)

Thanks a million - gonna go seize the day!
:woohoo:

Don't know how a LDHS appreciation thread is only two pages long! 
Seriously, this is the most flavourful, coherent line up of hot sauces that I have ever found. 

LDHS isn't a condiment, it is a food group.  Gimme a bottle of LDHS, a straw, and a napkin! 

I literally order cases of the stuff at a time. 

Scott, for the love of God, please PLEASE come out with a chipotle sauce in your house style. 
If you did that, we would never have to buy any sauces other than LDHS.  Real talk. 

Just had my first bottle of Purple label the other day.  Once again, the bottle only lasts a day or two. 
Sweet, hot, smoky. Yum!  I love how the peppers burn different than the Black label, but nearly as hot. 

We are waiting for a reason to open the Pink, DDP, and a Green side by side for research purposes! 

God Bless LDHS!!!

Idiot Piquant said:
Don't know how a LDHS appreciation thread is only two pages long! 
Thank you! I don't either but I rarely solicit it from customers so that might be part of it.

Or maybe I'm a jerk and I make terrible sauce.

One of the two. :D

Scott, for the love of God, please PLEASE come out with a chipotle sauce in your house style. 
If you did that, we would never have to buy any sauces other than LDHS.  Real talk. 

I've been keeping it under my hat, with only subtle hints here and there, but the sauce I am debuting March 6-8 is a LDHS chipotle. I once swore I'd never make one as they're often 1-note sweet red chipotle dominant. So instead I embraced this as a challenge & I think it's my best sauce to date. Layered, thick and complex, and I used the more rare and superior quality Meco chipotle - and the results were fantastic. I'm really excited about it. :woohoo:

We are waiting for a reason to open the Pink, DDP, and a Green side by side for research purposes! 

Highly recommend carnitas or pulled pork for that experiment. Pink was created for carnitas. That's the wheelhouse. Crushes it on a turkey avo sammich though as well!

Thanks for the love & stay tuned - the Brown Label should be available to order around March 11th (after the show in ABQ)
:cheers:

I'm apparently not very good at soliciting feedback, as I tend to focus on everything but the self-promotion.

I saw recently that a new seed vendor who did one sale somehow generated 4 pages of vendor feedback from that sale. That's awesome & I'm happy for them, but it was a hint to me that maybe I should post something like this to actively solicit feedback - something I've not done in the past. I've been here 3 years and have sold to many, many, many THP-ers, and somehow my topic has just 2 pages.

Obviously vendor feedback helps vendors, so.....if you've purchased from me in the past and were satisfied with the price, shipping, customer service or anything else, please do take a moment & share your experience in the Vendor Feedback forum if it's not too much to ask.

I'd really appreciate it! :cheers:

Thanks again to the THP-ers for your support!
:Woohoo:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/49580-lucky-dog-hot-sauce/?view=getnewpost

I've been very happy with all transactions with LDHS. Some the best sauce i've had as well. Black, Pink, dia del perro all favorites of mine. Looking forward to trying the new brown label chipotle mustard sauce as well. 

Scott's a great guy to work with, friendly and a great business man.

Back